Hoopfeed: Huskies overcome Terps in physical Jimmy V Classic | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Huskies overcome Terps in physical Jimmy V Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I just wanted to be out there the whole time! Until I got really, really tired,” she laughed. “This is my last year, this is my last go around, so tonight I was like, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. But, I have to be careful not to get ahead of myself because that can happen too. It’s exciting, there’s pushing and shoving, we’ve got people down on the floor every single play. It gets you excited.”

http://wp.me/pwd9L-62v

Reaction Score
I was certainly prepared to see one of two scenarios last night:
A) After Huskies get on an early run zebras start calling ticky tac fouls as was evident during the first half of texas a&m game.
B) Very physical game, very few fouls called , bumping and pushing all over the court.
Either way, it keeps the game close, and viewers tuned into a nationally televised game. Dennis Demayo, Bonita Spence, and Sue Blauch certainly did a great job of making an ugly game look competitive. In the end, Maryland coaching staff is thrilled that their undermanned team "hung " and "stayed in the game". Huskies staff is happy with the toughness they responded with , especially the young players.

Reaction Score
Not just Sue, that double foul Dennis called was beyond ridiculous...it was literally right in front of me. Stef did nothing to get a foul call.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not just Sue, that double foul Dennis called was beyond ridiculous...it was literally right in front of me. Stef did nothing to get a foul call.
Absolutely, she was in perfect position back to the defender simply holding position that she had.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I watched the replay and paused and stopped the action. I was also at the game. The first part of the game UConn shouldve been up by 20 at least. Alot of missed shots caused by pushing and shoving and no call. Last season againest ND Stef was called for fouls if she got near an ND player but that was that. Watch the replay. We got hammered and thats how MD stayed in the game. They shouldve been in foul trouble in the first 10 minutes. It stuff like this that angers me. Call the game the same way every time. Be consistent and be fair. When UConn has players on the floor every other play it wasnt cause the floor was wet and it wasnt because the whistle was stuck. We now have lost KML for another game. Thats what it cost us. Now if you wanna call every game like last nite then let Stef knock a few players on their butts and not call it.

Reaction Score
Now Tony, if you want to be consistent and fair, UConn got away with an awful lot of hacks and reaches too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom