Hoopfeed: Hartley, Huskies too much on both ends | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Hartley, Huskies too much on both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Although it took them a few minutes to get in gear, the energy level until the final buzzer was impressive. I hope they take out their frustrations on all the opponents through early April.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Bria bashers get to take a day off, unless they want to make an issue of her single turnover.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Although it took them a few minutes to get in gear, the energy level until the final buzzer was impressive. I hope they take out their frustrations on all the opponents through early April.
agree 100%. i think the loss could be good for a number of reasons. energy and effort like you mentioned, but kids like Kiah and Brianna weren't playing much, if at all, leading up to that. Geno was not happy with their practice efforts. it seems like the light has come on a bit for each of them and having a legit 9 player rotation will be great if Geno needs to mix and match, or if anyone gets into foul trouble, or is struggling in a particular game.

Reaction Score
The Bria bashers get to take a day off, unless they want to make an issue of her single turnover.

And what a turnover! It was awful, horrible! Ruined her whole totally perfect from the field performance! ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
agree 100%. i think the loss could be good for a number of reasons. energy and effort like you mentioned, but kids like Kiah and Brianna weren't playing much, if at all, leading up to that. Geno was not happy with their practice efforts. it seems like the light has come on a bit for each of them and having a legit 9 player rotation will be great if Geno needs to mix and match, or if anyone gets into foul trouble, or is struggling in a particular game.
Geno is a great coach, but does not seem particularly flexible. I think a little experimentation is a good thing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have never been a Bria basher. I don't think I have ever bashed any of our players.

Like all players, Bria has strengths and weaknesses. She was asked to do a lot--somewhat unfairly--last season. I thought she did really well but needed to improve in the areas of shot selection, defense, and dribbling. I now think she is our best player, emerging as the team leader, and a strong candidate for AA recognition. She plays her best games against top competition.

(I have to admit that it took me 2-1/2 seasons to be totally sold on Diana. I thought she took too many threes, some of which were unwise.)

Reaction Score
I have never been a Bria basher. I don't think I have ever bashed any of our players.

Like all players, Bria has strengths and weaknesses. She was asked to do a lot--somewhat unfairly--last season. I thought she did really well but needed to improve in the areas of shot selection, defense, and dribbling. I now think she is our best player, emerging as the team leader, and a strong candidate for AA recognition. She plays her best games against top competition.

(I have to admit that it took me 2-1/2 seasons to be totally sold on Diana. I thought she took too many threes, some of which were unwise.)

Larry Bird used to have that problem as well (too many threes and some of them were unwise), but it worked out for him and is also working for Diana.

Reaction Score
Now that you mentioned the turnover ... ;)
BYW, thanks for the post on creating new words. See below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom