Homecoming Gametime? | The Boneyard

Homecoming Gametime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Anybody have insider information on the prospective game time? We've got alumni (including myself) trying to plan hotels, busses, limos...etc. You'd think we'd get an announcement before now...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Anybody have insider information on the prospective game time? We've got alumni (including myself) trying to plan hotels, busses, limos...etc. You'd think we'd get an announcement before now...

In an effort to curtail binge drinking, to prevent people from puking on other people in the stadium, to give enough time for students to get back to campus for Homecoming and to keep the program out of the eye of mainstream television, game time will be 7:30 am and live on CPTV.
Guessing 12 PM start.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
TV tells you 13 days ahead.

Reaction Score
I hope it is noon start since Fleetwood Mac is playing at the XL Center that night

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No . That's why I asked for the insider info

Why would you say that, when you in your OP you say " you'd think we'd get an announcement by now?"

You just start following UConn football this season? It's always this way pending preseason scheduled times.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Why would you say that, when you in your OP you say " you'd think we'd get an announcement by now?"

You just start following UConn football this season? It's always this way pending preseason scheduled times.

There is no such thing.

When we're three weeks out, the time is possibly being negotiated between the Conference, School and TV Network. Figured I would put it out there. Someone on this board could have contacts with the three aforementioned institutions. Shot in the dark.

Thank you for pointing out what I already knew though.

And no, I'm an alumni

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if it wasn't Noon. Probably an ESPNews game thanks to mild interest in people wanting to watch UCF.

Reaction Score
And no, I'm an alumni
For the OP's future benefit, he may be an alumnus or she may be an alumna. Unless the OP potentially has multiple personalities and is male, he's most definitely not an "alumni". It's a stretch, but perhaps the TV networks will move the kickoff time around a bit to toy with the personalities. Just bustin' 'em.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I don't think it matters when they have this game, if there's 30,000 that show up I'd be seriously suprised. And that's on Homecoming, and the unveiling of the Jasper Howard statue/memorial. The way this team has preformed... probably by then sitting at 1-6, I can't imagine many folks are going to come out. 40K would be awesome- but reality says 30K or less...

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
For the OP's future benefit, he may be an alumnus or she may be an alumna. Unless the OP potentially has multiple personalities and is male, he's most definitely not an "alumni". It's a stretch, but perhaps the TV networks will move the kickoff time around a bit to toy with the personalities. Just bustin' 'em.

Thank you, Hardo

Reaction Score
When we're three weeks out, the time is possibly being negotiated between the Conference, School and TV Network. Figured I would put it out there. Someone on this board could have contacts with the three aforementioned institutions. Shot in the dark.

Thank you for pointing out what I already knew though.

And no, I'm an alumni

How many?

Reaction Score
My apologies if its already been mentioned and I missed it, but has the 11/1 game time been announced? I searched my tv guide yesterday for "UCONN" and it only returned the Army game. Thanks!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My apologies if its already been mentioned and I missed it, but has the 11/1 game time been announced? I searched my tv guide yesterday for "UCONN" and it only returned the Army game. Thanks!

20 minutes? May be the first time that ever ends up being true.

Will know at some point this afternoon.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Unless already previously scheduled to be different, I'd be stunned to see any future UCONN flex games at any time slot other than Noon. TV networks will want to bury our sleep-inducing offense as deeply as possible at the most irrelevant time slots possible.

Reaction Score
Unless already previously scheduled to be different, I'd be stunned to see any future UCONN flex games at any time slot other than Noon. TV networks will want to bury our sleep-inducing offense as deeply as possible at the most irrelevant time slots possible.

unless its the last game of the year on 'championship saturday' then we will be an 8pm game in 20 degrees and snow

Dooley

Reaction Score
unless its the last game of the year on 'championship saturday' then we will be an 8pm game in 20 degrees and snow

I am hoping that that game will follow the precedent set by last year's Memphis game: noon kickoff to get it over with ASAP so we can all focus on the following season (and basketball season).

Reaction Score
I am hoping that that game will follow the precedent set by last year's Memphis game: noon kickoff to get it over with ASAP so we can all focus on the following season (and basketball season).

yeah but remember last years last game was between 2 awful teams, this year.... where was I going with this point?

Dooley

Reaction Score
yeah but remember last years last game was between 2 awful teams, this year.... where was I going with this point?

HA! I bet the guy who ranks the "Bottom 25" will beg to be in attendance for that game. Adding him to the announced attendance should double the figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom