Homecoming games | The Boneyard

Homecoming games

Reaction Score
I have been trying to think back to when the practice of home coming games started. Related to this question how far away must a recruit live from campus to get one? Did Sue Bird, Tina Charles or Saniya Chong have homecoming games?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have been trying to think back to when the practice of home coming games started. Related to this question how far away must a recruit live from campus to get one? Did Sue Bird, Tina Charles or Saniya Chong have homecoming games?
Back when Bird and Charles were here, UCONN played St. John's every year. Close enough.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think pre 1995 Uconn did not have the stature to be able to be able to really manage their schedule for 'home coming' games and generally were not a national recruiting force so most players came from the BE geographical footprint anyway.
Homecoming games seem to me to be more of a 2000s phenomenon

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Related to this question how far away must a recruit live from campus to get one?

I'd say it's more than 70 miles since Megan Walker's will be 70 miles from her home. Re: the Chongs, Ossining is about 90 miles from Hartford, a little further from Storrs, so not much farther than Richmond to C'Ville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom