Homecoming Game for Liv - Dec 9 @ Georgia Tech | The Boneyard

Homecoming Game for Liv - Dec 9 @ Georgia Tech

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Great news!!!
But the real questions are "will Liv be in the starting lineup and how many minutes will she play?" Those seem to be the almost daily threads being posted this offseason. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great news!!!
But the real questions are "will Liv be in the starting lineup and how many minutes will she play?" Those seem to be the almost daily threads being posted this offseason. :rolleyes:
Of course she will be in the starting line up. Its her homecoming game. GA will play her as long as she is contributing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is great news to begin the day. I figured UConn was still working on a homecoming game for Olivia. When trying to schedule games of this nature, especially at the last minute, nothing is guaranteed. Quentin Hillsman and Syracuse taught us that. Your choices are limited geographically and the other school has to be willing to play you. I wonder if UConn made any overtures to The University of Georgia in nearby (to Winder) Athens?

Georgia Tech is a program on the come. "The Ramblin Wreck" should make the Huskies trip to Atlanta worth while, and should provide a nice crowd. GT finished 17-9 (12-6) last season. UConn’s preseason schedule is shaping up quite nicely. I believe they have room for one more game, I wonder who it will be? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great news!!!
If she learns how to make layups she will play lots of minutes...

Reaction Score
Nice add. So this puts Uconn at 29 games for next year (20 conference, 9 non-conference). Are they expected to add anymore? I forget the rules as to how many you are allowed to play when you participate in a multi-game tournament.

Reaction Score
If she learns how to make layups she will play lots of minutes...
Photobucket GIF
Of course we know you are only chasing the likes

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If this "homecoming" trend continues I finally may get to see UConn play in person when Ice Brady returns to San Diego in 2024 for a game versus San Diego State, UCSD or Point Loma Nazarene (aw, the Sea Lions could use the pub).

Reaction Score
Wonderful news. Much appreciation to Nell Fortner for accepting the challenge. Looking forward to a packed house in Atlanta.

After Geno's comments about scheduling a week age maybe we should be thanking the GT AD?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After Geno's comments about scheduling a week age maybe we should be thanking the GT AD?
That may be so. But Fortner’s comments certainly sounded like she’s embracing the challenge of playing UConn. “UConn is one of the most storied programs in women’s basketball, and when I arrived at Georgia Tech I wanted to bring in programs like UConn so we have the opportunity to compete against top teams.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is great news to begin the day with. I figured UConn was still working on a homecoming game for Olivia. When trying to schedule games of this nature, especially at the last minute, nothing is guaranteed. Quentin Hillsman and Syracuse taught us that. Your choices are limited geographically and the other school has to be willing to play you. I wonder if UConn made any overtures to The University of Georgia in nearby (to Winder) Athens?

Georgia Tech is a program on the come. "The Ramblin Wreck" should make the Huskies trip to Atlanta worth while. and should provide a nice crowd.
GT finished 17-9 (12-6) last season. UConn’s preseason schedule is shaping up quite nicely. I believe they have room for one more game, I wonder who it will be? :rolleyes:

Well, GTech was the homecoming game for Maya Moore in 2010

Juggernaut Connecticut to play Georgia Tech at McCamish (ajc.com)

For Tech, it arguably is the most significant non-conference regular-season game since the last time Connecticut played at Tech, which was in November 2010. The Huskies visited for similar purposes, as the great Maya Moore returned to play in her hometown in her senior season. A crowd of 7,325 – a Tech women’s basketball attendance record for a home game that still stands – showed up to see Moore score 30 and the Huskies win their 81st consecutive game.

“UConn is one of the most storied programs in women’s basketball, and when I arrived at Georgia Tech, I wanted to bring in programs like UConn so we have the opportunity to compete against top teams,” Fortner said in a statement.

“We’re building a program at Georgia Tech that wants to win at the highest level, and in order to do that, you have to play the best teams in the country. We’re excited to be able to showcase this game for our fans and the city of Atlanta.”

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Great news!!!
You can rest assured that at the very least, Liv will start this game. The minutes are up to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom