Home Visit with Ladahazia Williams 2017 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Home Visit with Ladahazia Williams 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen the class of 2017 play in person..... By far Rellah Boothe is the best kid talent wise, she's just a little ruff around the edges. At 6'3" and to be able to do the things she does is simply amazing.

Megan walker is 2a, she does a little bit of everything but understand she is older than the other 17's. This makes her more mental ready than 2b which is Deauzya Richards

Deauzya Richards is probably one of the younger 17's outside of Alexis Morris, but standing at 6'2" while playing the guard she is a match up nightmare. She has played the 1 thru 4 over the summer and yes i watched her play against Megan twice.

Ladhazia Williams is a poor version of Brianna Turner. She's 6'3" and not very skilled at all.....she can't shoot and she has no back to the basket game.

Patterson is not even the best on her club team, with the best kid being a 2018. I think that should tell you enough about her.

This is just my 2 cents and i am one who followed them around since April of last year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Patterson is not even the best on her club team, with the best kid being a 2018. I think that should tell you enough about her.

The better player on her club was just ranked the #1 player in the '18 class by Prospects Nation and is top-10 in the other outlets. Not sure that tells us anything about Patterson. In theory, Patterson can be the second best player on her team and still be very good.

Ladhazia Williams is a poor version of Brianna Turner. She's 6'3" and not very skilled at all.....she can't shoot and she has no back to the basket game.

I'm not saying your observations are incorrect, and I appreciate any info we can get, but I would note that Mark Lewis of Bluestar had a much more positive report on Williams recently.

LaDazia Williams (2017 – Bradenton, Fla.) has size, a work ethic and the ability to be productive in multiple ways. The 6-3 forward is agile and athletic making her a challenging match up for opponents. Add to that the fact that she’s seldom standing still and you’ve got an asset in transition or set plays. She played with confidence away from the rim but was also efficient down low with and without contact. Williams demonstrated a sharp ability to make reads on the catch and attack accordingly. She even delivered a couple interior passes that some backcourt players might be envious of. Her fame is the kind of things college strength coaches love and she seems to have no reservations about playing physical. That’s a nice combination for the near future and in the long term. On the edge of something special, watch closely.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/1411-2015-john-lucas-40-40-combine

Reaction Score
The better player on her club was just ranked the #1 player in the '18 class by Prospects Nation and is top-10 in the other outlets. Not sure that tells us anything about Patterson. In theory, Patterson can be the second best player on her team and still be very good.

I'm not saying your observations are incorrect, and I appreciate any info we can get, but I would note that Mark Lewis of Bluestar had a much more positive report on Williams recently.

LaDazia Williams (2017 – Bradenton, Fla.) has size, a work ethic and the ability to be productive in multiple ways. The 6-3 forward is agile and athletic making her a challenging match up for opponents. Add to that the fact that she’s seldom standing still and you’ve got an asset in transition or set plays. She played with confidence away from the rim but was also efficient down low with and without contact. Williams demonstrated a sharp ability to make reads on the catch and attack accordingly. She even delivered a couple interior passes that some backcourt players might be envious of. Her fame is the kind of things college strength coaches love and she seems to have no reservations about playing physical. That’s a nice combination for the near future and in the long term. On the edge of something special, watch closely.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/1411-2015-john-lucas-40-40-combine
I understand a lot of people can only go by what they read but i have a saying. It's not what you do but who you do it against.

Williams plays on a circuit that has kids who will be at mid majors and you can see that by looking at her highlight film. You can't get caught up in highlight film when wanting a kid. She was at John Lucas 40/40 camp this weekend and did not do much of anything but that is a camp where you have pretty much the best of the best. She is a nice player but i just want to see her do these things on a nike circuit or even adidas.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm apologize........Patterson plays on a team that is not good at all. She plays for the New Jersey sparks and they did not qualify for Nike nationals. Yes Honesty is that dang good but she had no help whatsoever also the reason Patterson left the Belles was because she wasn't getting the minutes she wanted. Well guess what.........the Belles made Nike nationals and was one game from being in the gold bracket.

If a team has the "top" kids from two different years they should at least compete. Not only they didn't qualify for Nike nationals but they were getting beat pretty bad while they were losing.

I do like Patterson as a player over either Williams kid though.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Florida is like Georgia many of the Elite WBB Players decide to go out of State to attend college.

FSU 2 Florida Players on Roster, South Florida has 4 Florida Players and UF has 3.

USF is adding two Florida players in the 2016 class:

Tamara Henshaw
Respect Leaphart

USF commits for 2016 shown on ESPN. Respect Leaphart not yet included there:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/58

Like Ladahazia Williams, Respect Leaphart also plays for Kenny Kallina, but on his 2016 FGB travel team which did well this summer.

FGB 2015 Travel Season Results

FGB 2016 – 27-6 – Undefeated Miami Suns Memorial Day Showcase / Undefeated ATL Summer Slam – Summer Basketball Playoffs Sweet 16 / Suwanee Tournament of Champions Final Four / Nashville Tournament of Champions Final Four.

We've previously signed a few of his former players, including Courtney Williams, who all did well.

At least three of his other 2016 players have signed with major conference WBB schools, including Miami and Florida.

About a month ago the sister of Respect Leaphart, Luxury Vance, 12, also a basketball player, was shot three times and for a time was in critical condition. She has since recovered and is in good condition. I'm sure many prayers were said for her and I'm thrilled that they were answered.

If anybody is interested in more about that, here is a link to a story:

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...hooting-12-year-old-fort-myers-girl/31020803/

I don't know if we are recruiting Ladahazia Williams. I do know that we tried very hard to recruit Tina Charles, from that same area, before she signed with UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh I'm apologize...Patterson plays on a team that is not good at all. She plays for the New Jersey sparks and they did not qualify for Nike nationals. Yes Honesty is that dang good but she had no help whatsoever also the reason Patterson left the Belles was because she wasn't getting the minutes she wanted. Well guess what....the Belles made Nike nationals and was one game from being in the gold bracket.

If a team has the "top" kids from two different years they should at least compete. Not only they didn't qualify for Nike nationals but they were getting beat pretty bad while they were losing.

I do like Patterson as a player over either Williams kid though.

Patterson had a huge summer, so i dont' know what game you were watching. Okay, so the Sparks didn't make 16U Nike Nationals. Did you know they were mostly a 15U team? Seems that you are on a binge of trashing players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
heh

Among them was Auriemma, who visited Williams in her home the first day of collegiate contact period.

“He’s actually a pretty cool guy. He’s not like how he is when he’s coaching,” Williams said. “He’s the complete opposite.”

Auriemma has yet to make Williams an offer.

Hadley and Williams are installing wrinkles in her game that will be beneficial for the team and the player. In order to become more versatile, Williams will play on the perimeter more this season.

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2015/09/27/everybody-wants-ladazhia/

JS

Reaction Score
So, is it okay to post this pic?

COgeP7IU8AAHZXB.jpg
If by OK you're referring to NCAA rules, the answer is probably yes, it's OK.

Pat Summitt picked up a secondary violation for posing for pictures with recruit Meighan Simmons. Here's one of the series:

101809simmons_t607.jpg

The difference is that this was a news media photo. The NCAA rule is against the school publicizing its contacts with recruits, and the media shouldn't even have been there.

If, however, friends or family take a shot of the player with the coach(es) and put it out on social media, the recruiting school isn't deemed to be at fault.

The pic you posted appears to be in a kitchen, no doubt taken by a family member on the home visit. As such, it's not a problem.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And it's yet another lovely picture of Shea. Which should be posted with regularity...

HGN

Reaction Score
Allegedly? Maybe! I think more like 6'3" standing next to Shea, but she got 2 year of HS ball left to grown into 6'5".
I'd say about 6'3......Everybody looks tall standing next to Geno. But the fact that he has Shea with him on this trip signals his real interest.

And THAT SHIRT !! No one else can give her a shirt like that one. "National Champion". No matter who else brings a school shirt , this one has to stand out among all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom