Home venue | The Boneyard

Home venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Anyone else think that UConn should dump the XL center and divide their games between Gampel (yechhh), Bridgeport and Mohegan Sun?

JS

Reaction Score
Anyone else think that UConn should dump the XL center and divide their games between Gampel (yechhh), Bridgeport and Mohegan Sun?
I do but doubt it'll happen at one stroke.

XL has all the appeal of the subway tunnels around Grand Central and Times Square, assuming you had to park a car close to the subway tunnels.

I can see Bridgeport and Mohegan adding another game apiece at XL's expense. Looks like there's actual momentum for that. Appreciative fans in the southwest and southeast parts of the state will turn out and create some real atmosphere in nice, manageable venues.

Gampel only for the very dedicated from my part of the state (Fairfield County) but you've got to play there obviously.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
XL has all the appeal of the subway tunnels around Grand Central and Times Square, assuming you had to park a car close to the subway tunnels.

That's a weird one. As a resident of New York, have to say, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? :D

Reaction Score
At Bridgeport for the men's game right now and and last year the crowd was dead according to the men's boneyard. Hopefully Tonight the Men get a good win and the crowd shows what Bridgeport can be for Uconn.

And coming from Stamford, yes a bit bias

Reaction Score
This is a pipe dream but I wish they would significantly renovate Gampel and play all but a couple of games there. They could fix the eye sore of a roof, increase capacity, add better concessions, and install nicer more comfortable seats instead of the bleachers. I think a top notch on campus facility would be a huge addition to the basketball programs.

Reaction Score
I was always hoping that the new practice facility would somehow include a new arena. Besides the ugly roof, bench seating, poor concessions, narrow walkways and impossibly long time to get out of the arena and parking areas there's not too much wrong there. The obvious plus is every seat provides an excellent view and when it's full it rocks. Unfortunately it's rarely packed for the women's games. Should be for So Carolina. Looking forward to that one.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut should play all of its games at the University of Connecticut. Like almost every other school in the country does. Nearly all of them having to travel greater distances.

Yes, I know for some folks its a whopping hour twenty at night. You should look around and see what its like almost everywhere else- there are Texas, UNC, Stanford, Minnesota fans who drive that long and don't bat an eye about it, or demand games be moved closer to them...they go because they love the university.

/off soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01