Home Schedule: 2024-2025 | The Boneyard

Home Schedule: 2024-2025

Reaction Score
As we await the schedule release...want to start a conversation on predictions for the home schedule for 2024-2025 season...

NOTES
  • Providence to be permanently hosted at Gampel
    • if not, simply swap Providence with Xavier
  • Gampel to be host venue for seasons with a single premier out of conference opponent (note that I am an XL season ticket holder)
  • Venue balance for old Big East teams
  • Venue balance for strength of schedule
  • Besides Providence, each BE team will play at each venue at least once in a 4-year period
thoughts?

GAMPEL
OOC1
OOC2
Baylor
Butler
Georgetown
Marquette
Providence
St John's

XL
OOC1
OOC2
OOC3
Creighton
DePaul
Seton Hall
Villanova
Xavier

Attachments

• homeschedule.jpg
    homeschedule.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 129
Reaction Score
More than anything we need smarter XL scheduling. It's been said plenty but over the students' winter break, all games should be at XL (for as long as we are forced to play at XL). That's usually 5-6 weeks of games. Also think it could be could be cool to open every season at XL with a CT opponent, preferably CCSU or Yale (though we'll probably never play them now that they're good). That probably preserves the split everyone is looking for more or less and is most efficient in terms of fan distribution.

Reaction Score
So with this our currently released schedule is:

11/6 - Sacred Heart (Gampel)
11/9 - New Hampshire (home)
11/25 - Maui
11/26 - Maui
11/27 - Maui
12/4 - Baylor (home)
12/8 - Texas (away)
12/14 at 8pm - Gonzaga (MSG)
Is 8 pm for Gonzaga game confirmed? Haven’t seen that before now.

Reaction Score
Isn't this the first time in quite some time that we're not playing on Opening Day?! Was expecting a Monday, Nov 4 opening.

Reaction Score
Isn't this the first time in quite some time that we're not playing on Opening Day?! Was expecting a Monday, Nov 4 opening.
It means for the first time in 5 years their opening game will be broadcast in full on television and not be part of the Big East marathon whip around garbage they try to foist on us every year so I’m happy.

Reaction Score
It means for the first time in 5 years their opening game will be broadcast in full on television and not be part of the Big East marathon whip around garbage they try to foist on us every year so I’m happy.
Didn't all of us just watch the game on the Foxsports app and not have to deal with the whip around coverage?

Reaction Score
Didn't all of us just watch the game on the Foxsports app and not have to deal with the whip around coverage?
Yea that’s what I mean, I should have been more clear. You could always watch the game in full on the app but it hasn’t been broadcast in full on cable since pre COVID.

That being said, could easily see Peacock picking up this game the more I think about it.

Reaction Score
Love that we open with SHU I'll forever be in the camp that if we play 5 non premier games they should either be SHU, Fairfield, Central, Yale , QU or UMass URI Vermont UNH Maine

Reaction Score
I feel like Baylor might be at XL. It’s been like over 6 years since a true OOC game has been played there.

At some point the XL season ticket holders need to be thrown a bone.
Might mean nothing but on stubhub the Baylor game is listed at Gampel

Reaction Score

This article from Borges says it's not a done deal yet. Maybe UConn is looking for another buy game for November 4? One day between games, even against cupcakes, isn't ideal though.

Nothing is official yet, but it appears the UConn men's basketball team will unfold its latest national championship banners prior to a home opener against Sacred Heart.

The Huskies' season-opener will likely be on Nov. 6 against the Pioneers, two days after the men's college basketball season officially begins. UConn wanted to open its season on Nov. 4, but Sacred Heart is already scheduled to play at Temple that night.

Alternate access:
UConn men's basketball team may open 2024-25 season against Sacred Heart University

Reaction Score
This article from Borges says it's not a done deal yet. Maybe UConn is looking for another buy game for November 4? One day between games, even against cupcakes, isn't ideal though.

Nothing is official yet, but it appears the UConn men's basketball team will unfold its latest national championship banners prior to a home opener against Sacred Heart.

The Huskies' season-opener will likely be on Nov. 6 against the Pioneers, two days after the men's college basketball season officially begins. UConn wanted to open its season on Nov. 4, but Sacred Heart is already scheduled to play at Temple that night.

Alternate access:
UConn men's basketball team may open 2024-25 season against Sacred Heart University
I may not be very intelligent but what does "Nothing is official yet, but it appears the UConn men's basketball team will unfold its latest national championship banners prior to a home opener against Sacred Heart" mean exactly?

We could only have a home opener on either Nov. 4 or Nov. 6, not both...unless he means XL opener versus Gampel opener?

Reaction Score
I may not be very intelligent but what does "Nothing is official yet, but it appears the UConn men's basketball team will unfold its latest national championship banners prior to a home opener against Sacred Heart" mean exactly?

We could only have a home opener on either Nov. 4 or Nov. 6, not both...unless he means XL opener versus Gampel opener?
“Prior” meaning a few minutes before the Sacred Heart game, not days before.

Reaction Score
Check out this little Easter egg from the open practice today. Looks like Baylor game will be at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Check out this little Easter egg from the open practice today. Looks like Baylor game will be at Gampel.

It's just a photo of the campus. It would be weird if they showed the XL center of the Hartford skyline to promote a UConn game, even if the game were to be played at XL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d be pretty shocked if the Baylor game wasn’t on campus. XL will just get the best Big East game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom