Home Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Home Game

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My friends at the game said it was like 80/20 today in favor of UConn. Can anyone there confirm that?

I don't think so, both schools were well represented

With four teams there on Friday, really
hard to get to 80%. Maybe Saturday if we move on

Reaction Score
If we keep filling up MSG they might make us play our opening round game in the future for the Big East tournament on a neutral court. Somewhere like Dayton.

Reaction Score
Creighton has a ton of fans. Like a crazy amount. Kudos to them.
I would think that it’s more so they travel like crazy, rather than having some crazy-large pool of fans. It’s a private catholic school of 4500 undergrads, geographically surrounded by B1G and Big 12 state schools.

Reaction Score
I would think that it’s more so they travel like crazy, rather than having some crazy-large pool of fans. It’s a private catholic school of 4500 undergrads, geographically surrounded by B1G and Big 12 state schools.
I agree

Reaction Score
Lot of Providence. Was probably 60/40 uconn in the 100s. I don’t know if we ever got as loud as Providence fans were towards the end.
I think a lot of the PC noise were all the fans oc scholls other than UCONN pulling for Providence. We were in the midst of Marquette and Villanova fans all rooting for Providence.

Reaction Score
I don't know why people keep refusing to believe that Creighton has a lot of fans. They average like 16k fans a game, top 10 in the country. City of 500k population (quadruple Hartford) and the nearest professional sports team is 3 hours away. The state school is historically awful in basketball.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
My friends at the game said it was like 80/20 today in favor of UConn. Can anyone there confirm that?
I went to both early games yesterday. At the start of the Marquette game the place was about 25% full (and probably half of the people in there for the tip of Marquette St John’s were UConn or PC fans).

Well see what happens, Creighton travels well. But I’m expecting it to be 70% UConn fans tonight and about 10% for each of the other 3 teams…

Reaction Score
I went to both early games yesterday. At the start of the Marquette game the place was about 25% full (and probably half of the people in there for the tip of Marquette St John’s were UConn or PC fans).

Well see what happens, Creighton travels well. But I’m expecting it to be 70% UConn fans tonight and about 10% for each of the other 3 teams…
I'm guessing 60% UConn / 25% Creighton / 10% Marquette / 5% Xavier.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn’t win the BE tourney it would be the first time a mid west team has won it in the NBE. History is on our side. Let’s do it!!

Reaction Score
I don't know why people keep refusing to believe that Creighton has a lot of fans. They average like 16k fans a game, top 10 in the country. City of 500k population (quadruple Hartford) and the nearest professional sports team is 3 hours away. The state school is historically awful in basketball.
There’s also this actually historical state program called Nebraska that most people go to and have more loyalty to that program.

People act like Creighton has actually won something. I think the only people in the state who care about Creighton are people who went there; most other people, if they care about basketball in the first place, root for an Iowa or Kansas. And the people who didn’t go there and still like them ain’t showing up in droves to NY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wasn't at the late session so can't comment on Creighton, but another factor to consider is that UConn's fan presence will only get stronger and stronger as the weekend progresses because fans can buy from eliminated teams and come into the city. Creighton/Marquette/Xavier won't have many additional fans flying in today.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing 60% UConn / 25% Creighton / 10% Marquette / 5% Xavier.
I don't think so. The tix are all evenly distributed through the schools. A lot of fans that travel in go to the semis even if their team loses in the quarters. I think we will only have a slight edge tonight. If we were to win tonight, then tomorrow will be a sea of blue.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don't think so. The tix are all evenly distributed through the schools. A lot of fans that travel in go to the semis even if their team loses in the quarters. I think we will only have a slight edge tonight. If we were to win tonight, then tomorrow will be a sea of blue.
This is exactly how I remember the BET. Our big fan advantage comes at the final, but not really in the semis.

Reaction Score
There’s also this actually historical state program called Nebraska that most people go to and have more loyalty to that program.

People act like Creighton has actually won something. I think the only people in the state who care about Creighton are people who went there; most other people, if they care about basketball in the first place, root for an Iowa or Kansas. And the people who didn’t go there and still like them ain’t showing up in droves to NY.
Creighton is #6 in the country in home attendance at 16.6k per game. They outdraw a handful of NBA teams. Not something you’d see if the fanbase was just alumni.

They basically won either the regular season or tournament every year in the MVC. Tougher competition in the Big East of course, though they did win in 2020.

They’re a consistently strong basketball program with a lot of people who care about the team. I’m glad they’re in the Big East.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Creighton is #6 in the country in home attendance at 16.6k per game. They outdraw a handful of NBA teams. Not something you’d see if the fanbase was just alumni.

They basically won either the regular season or tournament every year in the MVC. Tougher competition in the Big East of course, though they did win in 2020.

They’re a consistently strong basketball program with a lot of people who care about the team. I’m glad they’re in the Big East.
Hard to know if this is strong local support similar to Louisville or if it's statewide support. Either way that type of viewership is important for university athletic support. NILs can make up some ground on media contract differentials. Creighton is one university in the BE that will continue to get good players to their program so long as they have good coaching.

Reaction Score
I’m not surprised Providence fans made the most noise during their little spurt. Their vocal cords were fresh unlike ours.

It’s like judging the stamina of a reliever in the 8th inning compared to a starter who’s already thrown 100 pitches.
And keep in mind relievers are failed starters so the baseball analogy is particularly strong.

Reaction Score
Went to Omaha this year for the L. The place was crazy. Security approached us before the game and asked how we got tickets in the section we were. Told us to be careful. It wasn't Philly but where is? Def a place to watch a game if you can stomach being shat upon for 40 minutes. Wish we won.....looked like an idiot after the ruled JH's 3 a 2......

Great atmosphere to watch a game kudos to their fanbase.

THEY hate Hurley on a whole other level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom