Home Field Advantage - USF | The Boneyard

Home Field Advantage - USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The past 2 seasons have seen a steady erosion at what used to be a pretty formidable home field advantage - especially against South Florida. From torrential rains, to blizzards, and to the humidity last time when Skip Holtz made his return to a UCONN football game sideline, we have been able to win at home - against their best teams.

We'll see what happens this weekend. I'm looking for the first step to be taken to gaining back that home field advantage. Right now, we don't have the weather forecast to dump something on USF, and if it holds, it will actually be warm for them by Florida standards, and we don't have Skip Holtz to blame the humidity this season.

It's a new era. It's a new season. It's the same stadium. Mostly the same fans. Mostly the same players and coaches. It would be nice to go 1-0 this weekend and start a new chapter in home field advantage, by continuing an old one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Here here. Just like the Dolphins inability to win games up north against the Pats, Bills and Jets, USF is following suit. Let's keep that tradition alive! GO Dahgs!

Reaction Score
111.jpg

David Wilczewski@DWilcz 1m
Another great design by @StephOrts15! Let's #RockTheRent for @UConnHuskies Homecoming against USF! #RingTheBell pic.twitter.com/P7TTS6bkLL

Reaction Score
Was that pic from the student section of 2007-2009? Certainly arent the bozo's we now have in that section!

Looks like the dude third from the left is rockin new logo.

Reaction Score
Can we hope for a blizzard this Saturday? Would be great karma.

Reaction Score
The past 2 seasons have seen a steady erosion at what used to be a pretty formidable home field advantage - especially against South Florida. From torrential rains, to blizzards, and to the humidity last time when Skip Holtz made his return to a UCONN football game sideline, we have been able to win at home - against their best teams.

We'll see what happens this weekend. I'm looking for the first step to be taken to gaining back that home field advantage. Right now, we don't have the weather forecast to dump something on USF, and if it holds, it will actually be warm for them by Florida standards, and we don't have Skip Holtz to blame the humidity this season.

It's a new era. It's a new season. It's the same stadium. Mostly the same fans. Mostly the same players and coaches. It would be nice to go 1-0 this weekend and start a new chapter in home field advantage, by continuing an old one.

Let's try something different this year . . . let's see if the home field advantage can straight up be better football players on the blue side of the LOS. I'll take that every time over rain, blizzards or humidity. Let's make the Rentschler advantage more about personnel than anything else.

Reaction Score

Wow - interesting. Geno rallying. I like it.

I'll just tell Geno, that the actual 20,000 or so, that were at the Towson game, are going to be at the homecoming game, and we were at the Michigan game, and we'll be there no matter what, and we are absolutely psyched about the potential to go 1-0 this weekend, where there was nothing but despair 2 weeks ago.

It's filling up the other 20,000 or so seats, that the rallying needs to be focused on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom