Home-and-home with Little Rock | The Boneyard

Home-and-home with Little Rock

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
During the Little Rock-TAMU game, the announcers said that Little Rock coach Joe Foley had just agreed to a home-and-home against UConn. Presumably this will be a homecoming game for Christyn.

Had this been announced already? If so I had missed it.

Do we know if this series will start next year or the year after?

Reaction Score
During the Little Rock-TAMU game, the announcers said that Little Rock coach Joe Foley had just agreed to a home-and-home against UConn. Presumably this will be a homecoming game for Christyn.

Had this been announced already? If so I had missed it.

Do we know if this series will start next year or the year after?
It couldn't be MORE of a HOME game for Chrystn Williams if it were in the local Mall. They changed their name since I was there, hmmm wonder why? It was UALR University of Arkansas Little Rock. This fall Little Rock U has been getting kicked around by many Div 1 teams. Foley is like Geno he takes on all comers to build up his team and it's brand.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It couldn't be MORE of a HOME game for Chrystn Williams if it were in the local Mall. They changed their name since I was there, hmmm wonder why? It was UALR University of Arkansas Little Rock. This fall Little Rock U has been getting kicked around by many Div 1 teams. Foley is like Geno he takes on all comers to build up his team and it's brand.
What's interesting is that the school didn't change its name; it's still the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR). This was a branding decision by the athletic department to call its teams the Little Rock Trojans:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Surprised its a Home/Away two Game Series. I suspect the Athletic Dept/Head Coach wouldn't agree to a game in Little Rock unless it included a game in Storrs. Its a good way to get increased publicity for their program to have a game against UConn in back to back years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I love that UCONN does that - schedule a "homecoming" game for senior players. How many other programs do that to the extent UCONN does? I have to imagine there are at least a few... but those games generally aren't against elite competition...

Maybe that's why Maryland plays such a cupcake schedule? Lots of players on their roster, so lots of home/home for senior players? :p

Reaction Score
I love that UCONN does that - schedule a "homecoming" game for senior players. How many other programs do that to the extent UCONN does? I have to imagine there are at least a few... but those games generally aren't against elite competition...

Maybe that's why Maryland plays such a cupcake schedule? Lots of players on their roster, so lots of home/home for senior players? :p
You might be onto an explanation for the cupcake schedule - she schedules the games, but by the time the game is played the 'homecoming player' is usually gone and she's already scheduling more homecoming games for the replacements... :D :D

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I wonder why UConn and West Virginia didn't schedule a game in Connecticut in Bria Holmes's senior year. For that matter, why isn't anyone talking about a homecoming game for Kiah Gillespie this year? I can't believe that Geno would refuse to accommodate these players' coaches if they asked for homecoming games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Duke does most years. Sometimes it occurs during a player's Junior season though. Visiting TAMU this coming Sunday for Kyra Lambert. Not sure if people on here would say that they are Elite though. 2013-14 at Cal the year after they went to the Final 4 probably the next best opponent. Other trips were to places like Northwestern :oops:, Marquette, Long Beach State and Pepperdine, ODU, Okie State, Tulsa, Northwestern State (LA)

Reaction Score
I wonder why UConn and West Virginia didn't schedule a game in Connecticut in Bria Holmes's senior year. For that matter, why isn't anyone talking about a homecoming game for Kiah Gillespie this year? I can't believe that Geno would refuse to accommodate these players' coaches if they asked for homecoming games.

maybe they didn’t ask UConn. Or maybe they don’t do it for their seniors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom