Home and Home with Florida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Home and Home with Florida

Reaction Score
While we are toying with future scheduling, selfishly, I'd like a game at Miami so I can drive to a game instead of flying. In the OBE days, I used to go to the old Miami Arena and late on, to what was then called the Convocation Center to cheer on my Huskies. Canes fans are absolutely obnoxious.

Reaction Score
While we are toying with future scheduling, selfishly, I'd like a game at Miami so I can drive to a game instead of flying. In the OBE days, I used to go to the old Miami Arena and late on, to what was then called the Convocation Center to cheer on my Huskies. Canes fans are absolutely obnoxious.
Well yeah, they're all from new jersey

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's great news. Fun history with Florida.

I say we do home and home with Georgetown, then do one with Providence - stagger them. Even if PC wanted to do a 'neutral site' game at like Mohegan - then OK. I think there's too many ways to do a game vs. Providence that's good for both programs. I think it's flat-out stupid we haven't had them on the schedule. I get that they're irritating, but it's a big gate for both programs, an easy to travel to road game for both, some regional/recruiting implications and let's be honest - it beats having UMKC on the schedule and we just need a stronger schedule right now. It literally ticks all of the boxes.

Georgetown is a good rivalry with new coaches, and two teams rebuilding. It'd be a great measuring stick for both teams. Sign me up. Regardless of how they do it - it should mandatory that there's two old Big East games on the schedule every year.

The other team that we just GOTTA get on the schedule is Gonzaga. That one baffles me. They make more sense than literally anyone on the West Coast right now. I'd even kick tires on Nevada right now. Even if they're down for a year - again - it's better than UMass Lowell or UMKC.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's great news. Fun history with Florida.

I say we do home and home with Georgetown, then do one with Providence - stagger them. Even if PC wanted to do a 'neutral site' game at like Mohegan - then OK. I think there's too many ways to do a game vs. Providence that's good for both programs. I think it's flat-out stupid we haven't had them on the schedule. I get that they're irritating, but it's a big gate for both programs, an easy to travel to road game for both, some regional/recruiting implications and let's be honest - it beats having UMKC on the schedule and we just need a stronger schedule right now. It literally ticks all of the boxes.

Georgetown is a good rivalry with new coaches, and two teams rebuilding. It'd be a great measuring stick for both teams. Sign me up. Regardless of how they do it - it should mandatory that there's two old Big East games on the schedule every year.

The other team that we just GOTTA get on the schedule is Gonzaga. That one ing baffles me. They make more sense than literally anyone on the West Coast right now. I'd even kick tires on Nevada right now. Even if they're down for a year - again - it's better than UMass Lowell or UMKC.
I’d love a home and home with Gonzaga. The Pacific Northwest is on my bucket list and that’s a great excuse to get out there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No Cuse next hear.? They are such pu$$ies.
C1FAA5ED-5F37-4F82-A709-3E19D36E8F90.jpeg

wHaT do THeY geT OuT of PLaYiNG uS?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind a home and home with BC. They pushed Providence to OT and we would draw a crowd in Boston.

PC vs. BC yesterday was half full and a pro-PC crowd. BC just cannot draw

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I agree with @Towney007. Providence makes the most sense in the world. And Gonzaga vs. UConn would be a great H-MSG-H series!

Reaction Score
The talks with Providence revolved around a H/H, as well as a game at Mohegan and MSG. A 4 year series. The hold up is the order in which these are played.

Reaction Score
not to sound like a Syracuse fan, but what would we get out of playing BC? they are not a threat when it comes to new england recruits and while they would be better than the UMKCs and UMLowells of the world they arent helping our SOS much either.

after they refused us any shot at joining the ACC they can wither away in conference mediocrity forever i don't want anything to do with them. the only school i hate more than BC is Syracuse but at least beating Syracuse brings me joy.

Reaction Score
The talks with Providence revolved around a H/H, as well as a game at Mohegan and MSG. A 4 year series. The hold up is the order in which these are played.
I know we need more marquee home opponents, but I wouldn't mind a game @ Providence next season. No true road games until conference play this year seems like a mistake.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
not to sound like a Syracuse fan, but what would we get out of playing BC? they are not a threat when it comes to new england recruits and while they would be better than the UMKCs and UMLowells of the world they arent helping our SOS much either.

after they refused us any shot at joining the ACC they can wither away in conference mediocrity forever i don't want anything to do with them. the only school i hate more than BC is Syracuse but at least beating Syracuse brings me joy.
We need at least one regional rivalry type game. It will draw lots of fans and prospects from the New England area.

Reaction Score

I hate being a debbie downer, but us vs. Providence at MSG is... weird.

I get Mohegan and that's an option, but I'd much rather they play the games at home each and collect all the revenue from it. MSG seems kinda dumb. Providence isn't Syracuse or Villanova.

Reaction Score

I get Mohegan and that's an option, but I'd much rather they play the games at home each and collect all the revenue from it. MSG seems kinda dumb. Providence isn't Syracuse or Villanova.
What is the point of playing PC at MSG?

Jinx

Reaction Score
We need at least one regional rivalry type game. It will draw lots of fans and prospects from the New England area.

Call me old fashioned, but I have no desire to help BC do anything in any way, shape or form. I don't even like the fact that we scheduled them for football - and I could care less if our program was fired into the sun or not.

BC almost on their own caused so many issues in college sports sticking the knife in everyone's back - not just for the people in the BE, but the shift it started everywhere else. I want that whole school to just fall over.

Reaction Score

sure i totally agree but BC should be last on the list. as others have said gimme Syracuse or st. johns at MSG, or PC at Mohegan

Reaction Score

I agree. It would make more sense to play in Boston than in NYC for that game. Just telling you what I've heard.

Reaction Score
I agree. It would make more sense to play in Boston than in NYC for that game. Just telling you what I've heard.

Boston makes even less sense. Why would a team from Rhode Island and a team from Connecticut give Massachusetts that gate?

Honest to god - what's with the obsession with not making money? I mean I guess i'd go, but if I have to travel, i'd literally rather travel to DD Arena and pay Providence $25 a ticket to keep the rivalry going and enjoy the campus crowds more than I'd like going to Boston and sitting behind a bunch of 70 year olds and their walkers.

Reaction Score
Boston makes even less sense. Why would a team from Rhode Island and a team from Connecticut give Massachusetts that gate?

Honest to god - what's with the obsession with not making money? I mean I guess i'd go, but if I have to travel, i'd literally rather travel to DD Arena and pay Providence $25 a ticket to keep the rivalry going and enjoy the campus crowds more than I'd like going to Boston and sitting behind a bunch of 70 year olds and their walkers.

Boston makes more sense than New York but I agree, on principle, college sports should be played on campus

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom