Home and Home announced w/ Maryland Football (2024/2026) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Home and Home announced w/ Maryland Football (2024/2026)

Reaction Score
It's always better to play against ranked teams.

BTW, we could play against B10 or ACC teams and still play ranked AAC teams. What the heck do you think we are doing this year?
Pal you and I are on the same page here. Playing ranked teams is how you build a program and beating them is how you build a reputation. Good Lord. We have people who want to play Georgetown Villanova and UMass twice. We can play ranked teams and still play regional teams. We did it playing BC and Syracuse and UMass but still managed to play UCF Memphis, Houston and others all of whom where ranked.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Waiting for the BE series against GTown and Nova... just a matter of when. I think fans would watch those games against our BE FCS counterparts. Good option? No. But would rather play them over Wagner. Nova is a good team and would be a good opponent for us.

Happy about Maryland.

Waiting for B12 teams to partner with.
I expect a West Virginia to be a team we play in the future. I remember some great games against them in the Rent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pal you and I are on the same page here. Playing ranked teams is how you build a program and beating them is how you build a reputation. Good Lord. We have people who want to play Georgetown Villanova and UMass twice. We can play ranked teams and still play regional teams. We did it playing BC and Syracuse and UMass but still managed to play UCF Memphis, Houston and others all of whom where ranked.

You don't know who will or won't be ranked when you schedule them. I'm sure it's a safe bet with Clemson. Will Maryland be ranked? Tennessee? NC State? Maybe. Who knows? There is no reason we can't still play Cinci, Pitt or maybe West Virginia. That's what I'd like to see.

You build a program by beating the teams you play. As you improve, you schedule tougher teams. Playing Auburn's schedule would not help UConn at this time.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Whatever. It was an interim solution that wasn't working. Time to try something else. We don't give up, at least not yet. This home and home is a step forward.
I can appreciate that point of view.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Football is more likely to go extinct from CTE issues than the top 64 or 72 schools breakaway.
That is possible. Basketball may eventually be “the” college sport, with hockey or soccer #2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom