Holy Cross Message Board | The Boneyard

Holy Cross Message Board

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not the most football savvy crowd, with quotes like this:

"I am starting to think that the UCONN game may not be as much of a rout as many here believe. See this article
www.theuconnblog.com/2017/8/7/16110544/uconn-football-quarterback-donovan-williams-wide-receiver-vontae-diggs-injury

which would seem to indicate that UCONN has a QB problem. "

Heh, yeah. But you have to grade on a curve here and the mere fact they have a message board with more than a couple test posts is a surprise. Actually, I expected them to be exchanging messages on a gold leafed scroll in their campus courtyard.

Reaction Score
Heh, yeah. But you have to grade on a curve here and the mere fact they have a message board with more than a couple test posts is a surprise. Actually, I expected them to be exchanging messages on a gold leafed scroll in their campus courtyard.
You're right, I've seen big time programs with terrible message boards i.e. Mizzou

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Talking like we're both still in Yankee Conference.

HC was never in the Yankee Conference. For some weird reason we used to play them home and away in BB during most of the 60's and 70's, but they were never a conference opponent.

Reaction Score
You're right, I've seen big time programs with terrible message boards i.e. Mizzou
this is one of the best college messageboards around. I've perused tons of fan sites and the format and level of discussion here is A+ worthy. The only thing close in terms of number of posters and format is /r/cfb and that's all encompassing.

Reaction Score
I hope the HC football team expects to see the 2016 Huskies, like the clowns on their message board.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
HC was never in the Yankee Conference. For some weird reason we used to play them home and away in BB during most of the 60's and 70's, but they were never a conference opponent.
Wow I sorta assumed they were but that was way ahead of my time

Reaction Score
this is one of the best college messageboards around. I've perused tons of fan sites and the format and level of discussion here is A+ worthy. The only thing close in terms of number of posters and format is /r/cfb and that's all encompassing.

Fully agree. I used to spend a lot of time tooling around other forums as well. Especially considering all of the OT boards, including probably the preeminent realignment hub around. Funny how the subforum that made this board is probably the least readable section (mens hoops board sucks). The football board seems infinitely more intelligent and this probably stems from the fact that there are just way fewer people.

Reaction Score
As Holy Cross is the closest out-of-state Div 1 basketball program to Storrs, both UConn and the Crusaders had fairly competitive 60s and 70s teams, and Worcester born and raised ex-UConn coach/AD and Basketball Hall of Fame nominee Dee Rowe coached at Worcester Academy before being hired in Storrs, the 2 schools playing so many basketball games made some sense.

Ideally, HCRE2.0's Huskies pound Holy Cross early and often!

Reaction Score
"UConn has not been historically strong since going D-1" smh
FWIW, Holy Cross has not been historically strong since not going D-1. UConn still needs to show up and win; something Pastaroni and Diasco obviously failed to do too much of the last several years. Go Huskies!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For one year in football only early 70's.

Reaction Score
"In our favor is Edsal is the opposing coach....he's already run afoul in his second go-round in Storrs. But be advised if UConn begins to pull away, he'll have no qualms about running up the score."

Not the brightest bunch.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"In our favor is Edsal is the opposing coach....he's already run afoul in his second go-round in Storrs. But be advised if UConn begins to pull away, he'll have no qualms about running up the score."

Not the brightest bunch.

Has UConn ever run up the score on anyone? I can't remember ever being that good on offense to be in that position.

About the only time I recall an opportunity to get extra points, was when we took a knee at the goal line vs. South Carolina at the Papa John's Bowl in Alabama.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, for the most part they recognize the difference between the levels of football played by the two programs and understand that a victory is unlikely. I'd be somewhat optimistic if I was in their shoes. We didn't exactly light the world on fire last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom