Holy Cross 2017 announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Holy Cross 2017 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if uconn were dominating their weak schedule, i'd get the sentiment about looking down at holy cross. fact is, towson just dominated this program, at home last season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Eh, I'll just get blackout drunk before the game and eat enough food to go into a 3 hour food coma. Holy Cross doesn't move my needle but cold beer and grilled meats sure do.

Reaction Score
Every P5 school has the ability to play a 1AA school because they get a boost in SOS during their conference schedule. UCONN however doesn't. 5 years ago, I didn't mind us playing a cupcake tune-up. Now does it matter if we play one now? If you UCONN goes 12-0 and doesn't get into a BCS game I'm gonna be pissed. However, realistically speaking does it matter perception wise whether or not we go 8-4 against all BCS level comp or 8-4 with one 1AA team. Probably not. But the more tv sets we are on, the higher quality teams we beat, the further we are willing to travel to play anybody anywhere, the better shot we have of jumping this AAC sinking ship. Holy Cross is an empty game and fulfills none of the needs on the agenda.

Can we worry about this when we go 12-0? Hell, I'll meet you part of the way and commiserate with you when we go 10-2 and get sent to play at Marlins Park. The FCS/1AA game is a red herring - in terms of realignment, SOS, almost everything. If we're drawing 20K in 17 against ANYONE, then our problems are much larger than the 1AA team we schedule.

Reaction Score
I don't mind this, we get a one-off home game from a (soon to be) FBS opponent. The only other 2017 non-conference is a P5 game (@ UVA) so you need a cupcake/home game at some point. Would love to see Tennessee back in there though.

Speaking of TN. Does anyone know for sure if there is any movement on this or has it become a figment of BY collective imaginations? I ask because every time I see a future schedule, TN is there but year is TBA.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'd much rather play UMass...
Holy Cross can probably beat UMass at this point. Whipple has his work cut out for him.

Reaction Score
i believe TN agreed to come back w/rescched dates by no later than 9/15

Reaction Score
FCS schools need money, too. Believe it or not, Holy Cross has the highest rate of athletes amongst the student body in D1, at least.

Reaction Score
Speaking of TN. Does anyone know for sure if there is any movement on this or has it become a figment of BY collective imaginations? I ask because every time I see a future schedule, TN is there but year is TBA.

I think that's officially off the table now that several key Boneyarders are negotiating with Alabama for a game in 2015.

Reaction Score
Did Warde get this deal done yet? Only a matter of time before HFD blows a blood vessel and breaks Twitter.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did Warde get this deal done yet? Only a matter of time before HFD blows a blood vessel and breaks Twitter.
Anyone know where he went? His old Twitter name doesn't work and apparently I am no longer following him, though I did not choose to not do so...Does that make sense?

Reaction Score

I thought he had been committed until the other day someone mentioned he posted on another board. Went over today to check and he has outlined the deal that Bama can not refuse. Someone needs to break it to him that MBB & WBB is well down on Bama AD Battle's to do list. I think it is right behind the new carpet for his & Saban's offices.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Such a terrible opponet to book. We better have an insane OOC opponet for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads