pap49cba said:
DD 3-13 and 0-5. 6 pts.

Down goes UNC

50-47

UNC 1-18 from 3 pt, 26.8% FG overall

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Normally a result like this would be an excellent reason to head out and pick up some wine and some pizza to celebrate.... but today.... I cant even muster a smile. :(

This result in Blacksburg isnt that big of a fluke.... They lost in overtime by 1 pt to NC State..... and took Duke to the absolute wire in a loss earlier in the season. They were due vs the Triangle teams.

Reaction Score
UNC is a high variance team. Good chance their ncaa tournament will involve upset(s). But not clear whether they will the victim of an upset or causing one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I stand corrected... the game was in Chapel Hill :eek:

UNC is a high variance team. Good chance their ncaa tournament will involve upset(s). But not clear whether they will the victim of an upset or causing one.

They could lose in the first round... or end up in the Final Four. I could see either of those scenarios happen.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
DD 3-14 and 0-6

Gray 1-12 and 0-4

At home.

:eek:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
LSU loses at home

TAMU loses at home

Rutgers giving Louisville a game

Reaction Score
Blacksburg can be a tough place to play. When I first saw this post I thought immediately of the hard time the great 2002 UConn team had there.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hate Blacksburg. Lived there my junior and senior years of high school and was miserable. But it's a happy place today!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So can anyone explain anything about UNC? They are a terrific 6-1 on the road in the ACC with wins over Duke, NC St, and FSU and 3-4 at home, with losses today to VTech and Miami and Syracuse along with the ACC opener to MD. Do they somehow turn into a bit of a fraud on home grounds? Maybe cheat on the effort a bit? Possibly have a no-show offense sometimes, and maybe think they'll get credit in the rankings even when they don't show up?

Just puzzling.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Terrible loss for the Heels are looking at a #6 seed in the ACC tourney now.... that means no bye.. and they will have start play on Thursday instead of Friday. Probably will have to play Maryland in the quarters... instead of NC State.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So can anyone explain anything about UNC? They are a terrific 6-1 on the road in the ACC with wins over Duke, NC St, and FSU and 3-4 at home, with losses today to VTech and Miami and Syracuse along with the ACC opener to MD. Do they somehow turn into a bit of a fraud on home grounds? Maybe cheat on the effort a bit? Possibly have a no-show offense sometimes, and maybe think they'll get credit in the rankings even when they don't show up?

Just puzzling.
Freshman are freshman. DD can look like an All-American or, yes, a freshman. She is not a great natural shooter ala Maya or KML and lacks discipline as do some of the other UNC players. They can be really good or really awful.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Freshman are freshman. DD can look like an All-American or, yes, a freshman. She is not a great natural shooter ala Maya or KML and lacks discipline as do some of the other UNC players. They can be really good or really awful.
My guess here is that they have to tighten things up and become more focused on the road. I can't remember ever seeing home and away splits like that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think this is just 'this year' - yes UNC has the youth excuse, but look at any of the big conferences and with the exception of ND, Baylor, WVU, and SC they are full of teams that one day have a big win and the next look just terrible.
LSU - big win against TN and now sit at 7-7. KY same thing, TA&M, Vanderbilt, and TN themselves.
Big12 - Only WVU doesn't have a head scratching conference loss
ACC - Duke is in second only because no one else can win the games they should.
Big10 - PSU leads but can't beat Iowa or Perdue who both have 5 conference losses
Really if you dropped Uconn and ND out of the picture this would start looking like men's basketball with a different #1 team each week.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really if you dropped Uconn and ND out of the picture this would start looking like men's basketball with a different #1 team each week.

Thats really not a bad idea at all. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree about high variance, but I don't think their upside is the Final Four this year. Not enough consistency to win rounds 2, 3, and 4, in my opinion.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Hmmmmmmmm.

Sounds like a good idea to achieve, um, parity.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog