Hockey game tonight terrific -- hospitality not so much | The Boneyard

Hockey game tonight terrific -- hospitality not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw my first hockey game in years tonight and I think they could draw me in again. Unfortunately, when we got there early we got turned back by the ticket takers because my wife had a bag a little larger than 1o or 11 inches. New Rule. We had to brave the cold walk back to the parking lot and ditch it. There were a lot of furious people around. I guess later they had to call it off because we saw bigger bags being brought in. If that's the new rule so be it, but the lack of any advance notice was unforgivable. Who makes these decisions?

Reaction Score
I was once similarly annoyed by these gate clowns but defeated the whole stupid thing by moving a couple of gates over and got in, no problem.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Saw my first hockey game in years tonight and I think they could draw me in again. Unfortunately, when we got there early we got turned back by the ticket takers because my wife had a bag a little larger than 1o or 11 inches. New Rule. We had to brave the cold walk back to the parking lot and ditch it. There were a lot of furious people around. I guess later they had to call it off because we saw bigger bags being brought in. If that's the new rule so be it, but the lack of any advance notice was unforgivable. Who makes these decisions?

Not saying it's right, because it's stupid (just check inside the bag and be done with it) but for basketball UConn posted it on the athletics website under the game preview. Although how many fans read that before going to the game is probably very little. I don't know if they post it in the hockey previews as well.

Reaction Score
It really wasn't that cold yesterday lol. People will freak out about anything these days.

Reaction Score
It really wasn't that cold yesterday lol. People will freak out about anything these days.

That wasn't my the point. I was remarking about the way the change was handled. Today at the women's game they were allowing handbags in but warning people about the change but for next time. That IS the way to handle it.

Reaction Score
I just took exception to the braving the cold remark because Saturday afternoon wasn't Miami weather but it wasn't terribly cold for Hartford either. I get your point and will tell you that on opening night vs. BC the security person did actually tell my girlfriend that her bag was too large and that next time she wouldn't be able to bring it. We kinda laughed about it but apparently it was the truth and I will let her know next time she comes to a game. So thanks for the heads up.

Reaction Score
That wasn't my the point. I was remarking about the way the change was handled. Today at the women's game they were allowing handbags in but warning people about the change but for next time. That IS the way to handle it.

My wife got that warning at the women's basketball game today as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom