Hockey East | The Boneyard

Hockey East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since this is considered one of the best hockey conferences can UCONN join another conference in all sports except hockey? Just thinking that in the future the next conference could be the ACC and playing BC in hockey could smooth over the rrelationship to make such a move possibe?

Reaction Score
The response you are looking for: The ACC doesn't sponsor hockey, so it wouldn't be a problem. The B1G would require us to play in their hockey league.

The proper response: Who the hell cares where we play hockey if we are playing other sports in an actual conference.

Reaction Score
Hockey East is a real conference and Hockey is a mainstream sport.

Reaction Score
The response you are looking for: The ACC doesn't sponsor hockey, so it wouldn't be a problem. The B1G would require us to play in their hockey league.

The proper response: Who the f&*k cares where we play hockey if we are playing other sports in an actual conference.

I fixed it. Honestly, no one cares if we don't [sorry, would sell my first born not to] play B.C. in a sport that I could two [poops] about if it means that UConn isn't stuck playing basketball and football permanently against Tulane.

Reaction Score
I fixed it. Honestly, no one cares if we don't [sorry, would sell my first born not to] play B.C. in a sport that I could two [poops] about if it means that UConn isn't stuck playing basketball and football permanently against Tulane.
Hockey is my favorite sport. :mad:

Reaction Score
Butch - U of Mn and Wis had a hard time leaving the best hockey conference. That was the WCHA. The B1G has 3 of the top 10 all time hockey programs. If UConn told Delany no because you didn't want the $2m per year the hockey schools get on top of the BTN payout you would be crazy. The B1G hockey teams get almost as much money as UConn does from the AAC. Hockey is the second best college sport and long term the B1G will separate themselves from the others because of fan base and money.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hockey East is a real conference and Hockey is a mainstream sport.
Just out of curiosity, do you believe that women's bball is a mainstream sport?

Reaction Score
Butch - U of Mn and Wis had a hard time leaving the best hockey conference. That was the WCHA. The B1G has 3 of the top 10 all time hockey programs. If UConn told Delany no because you didn't want the $2m per year the hockey schools get on top of the BTN payout you would be crazy. The B1G hockey teams get almost as much money as UConn does from the AAC. Hockey is the second best college sport and long term the B1G will separate themselves from the others because of fan base and money.

Last 20 years, both WCHA and HE won 8 NCs. WCHA had 4 runners-up, while HE had 11.

Can'tsee how you determined that WCHA is the best.

Reaction Score
To demonstrate how pathetic the AAC tv money is for UCONN, the Big Ten Network pays out more hockey money to its Big Ten hockey members than the AAC does to UCONN for all its sports.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, do you believe that women's bball is a mainstream sport?

My only thoughts when I started this thread was if UCONN could retain its Hockey East membership while going in all other sports in the new conference.
Yes Women's Basketball is mainstream. Look at Geno's salary.

Reaction Score
Last 20 years, both WCHA and HE won 8 NCs. WCHA had 4 runners-up, while HE had 11.

Interesting how you made the arbitrary cut off at the past 20 years. If you push that back just another 5 years to look at the past 25 years the WCHA won an additional 4 NCAA titles between 1988-1992.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
College hockey is mainstream?

For the sake of argument you aren't enrolled in college. You wake up tomorrow morning and every person you come across you ask them 'can you name a current college hockey player?'.

Would anyone hear a yes before they were home tucked in their beds?

Reaction Score
If somehow, someway we ever get the B1G invite, they will want our hockey team and we will very quickly wave bye bye to Hockey East.

Reaction Score
I don't think being put in the B1G for hockey isn't much of a step down from hockey east.

Reaction Score

It easy. It has won more NCAA titles then the other leagues combined. Mich and MSU were members for a number of their titles too until 1979. It's something like 36 of the 62 NCAA titles.

Reaction Score
It easy. It has won more NCAA titles then the other leagues combined. Mich and MSU were members for a number of their titles too until 1979. It's something like 36 of the 62 NCAA titles.

Oh no, not one of these ancient history people. We heard it back when we were BE. BE began in 1980, just about when HE began.

Reaction Score
Ok. Since 2000 the WCHA has won 7 of 14. That's 50%. Is that too ancient for you.

Reaction Score
I don't think being put in the B1G for hockey isn't much of a step down from hockey east.

I think it can be argued that it is a step up honestly. Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin are right there with BU/BC in terms of being national programs. Michigan State/Ohio State are also above the middle tier of HE and Penn St. has the hockey fever right now.

Reaction Score
Either conference would, competitively, be an excellent home for the program. HE is a significantly better geographic fit, but if there's an invite on the table for the entire school, pack the bags and head west.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think it can be argued that it is a step up honestly. Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin are right there with BU/BC in terms of being national programs. Michigan State/Ohio State are also above the middle tier of HE and Penn St. has the hockey fever right now.

Hockey Fever

Reaction Score
Hockey fever ruling con. realigment go figure. We would be heading 2 the heartland as fast as u say the BIG if we ever get the invite.

Reaction Score
There is a cultural gulf between Uconn folks and folks like me...from the deep south of football and baseball.

Hockey and women's basketball are talked of as top tier sports on this board...which fascinates me since hockey is non existent and women's basketball is a step or two below women's soccer and about even with volleyball. Women's basketball has started to come on in this area the last few years, mainly because of some SEC interest.

There are truly large differences in geographic fan culture....for instance...there is no Boneyard UConn Baseball Forum (while there is a Women's Basketball Forum)...at FSU the baseball board has a devoted following and Women's Basketball has no forum.

Reaction Score
Ok. Since 2000 the WCHA has won 7 of 14. That's 50%. Is that too ancient for you.

You went back 14 years? I hate when people do this. I picked a 20 year period. Pick a 10 year or 20 year or 30 year. Why 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom