Hockey East | The Boneyard

Hockey East

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't follow college hockey as closely as some of you do. But am I imagining it, or does Hockey East suck this year? PC is ranked 12th in the pairwise, and BU 20th at 14-11-2. BC is right behind BU with a similar (meh) record (and Maine follows them). Rankings

I cannot remember HE ever being this bad. I can only assume that the best teams have lost too many top players to the NHL in the last two years. Hopefully it's a blip. Does anybody have any deeper insight than that?

Reaction Score
If the Big 10 succeeds in dominating hockey on a regular basis, that's going to really suck.

Reaction Score
Hockey East is having an unexpectedly very, very down year. I wouldn't anticipate the B1G to dominate the country on a regular basis, but it'll continue to be one of the top three conferences. There's too many talented programs in the NCHC and Hockey East for the B1G to run over everyone each year.

Reaction Score
I would say the reason HE is down this year is due to the kids who left programs like BC and BU early for the NHL and some who didnt enroll in school after they were drafted.

Reaction Score
I would say the reason HE is down this year is due to the kids who left programs like BC and BU early for the NHL and some who didnt enroll in school after they were drafted.
Definitely a factor. BU lost a lot and we underachieved significantly in the first half of the year. BC is on a bit of a downswing from a program perspective as well. They should've had Tolvanen this year but he didn't meet admission standards for the school, he'd have made a big difference. Additionally, they have zero seniors on their roster other than one grad transfer in his first year there so there's a lack of leadership. I wouldn't expect either program's below standard season to be consistent. BU has a loaded recruiting class coming in next year and BC is BC, they'll still be fine. Have to start wondering though when York's age is going to become a major recruiting problem though.

Another factor has been Lowell significantly underachieving, as well as the likes of PC and NU having good but not incredibly spectacular years.

Reaction Score
Have to start wondering though when York's age is going to become a major recruiting problem though.
Yeah, I would expect that if Casey Jones keeps up the good work that BC will eventually come after him. One of the requirements for coaching at BC is that the candidate must have five years experience coaching at Clarkson. ;) ;)

Reaction Score
Yeah, I would expect that if Casey Jones keeps up the good work that BC will eventually come after him. One of the requirements for coaching at BC is that the candidate must have five years experience coaching at Clarkson. ;) ;)

Attachments

• Casey-Jones-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1.jpg
    Casey-Jones-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 48

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member