Hockey East Wake Up Call Coming | The Boneyard

Hockey East Wake Up Call Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Next season this team heads to the SEC of college hockey, Hockey East. They are a long way off from being a competitive team week in and week out in Hockey East. The speed at which they skate is a couple strides slower than top teams in major conferences. That will be fixed when they have their full amount of scholarships and after bringing in a few recruiting classes. However, the one thing that needs to and has to be fixed for next season is their effort. The amount of lackluster effort games coming down the stretch is discouraging. I do not know if it falls more on the players or the coaches. However, they will be in for a rude awakening they do not bring an A effort each weekend playing in Hockey East especially since they have lesser talent.

Reaction Score
The Hockey East might motivate players to play harder. Sad that's how it can work but that's how it can work. If a kid's pro career is on the line, then maybe there's a reason to be always motivated. We'll have more NHL draft picks in a matter of time. Inevitable. UConn raised the hockey program's profile at a perfect time.

Reaction Score
I think that it is a mix of young kids learning to play at the college level (there are 15 Freshman and Soph out of the 25 players on the roster..8 Juniors, 4 seniors and a older class who has never been challenged by a coaching staff like this before (night in and night out at a high level). Last years run set them up as one of the hunted not the hunted...a place this team has never been before. Although I agree tha it has been frustrating down the stretch this year...the HE experience that Cav, Souza, and Pereira bring I think we are in good shape.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next season this team heads to the SEC of college hockey, Hockey East. They are a long way off from being a competitive team week in and week out in Hockey East. The speed at which they skate is a couple strides slower than top teams in major conferences. That will be fixed when they have their full amount of scholarships and after bringing in a few recruiting classes. However, the one thing that needs to and has to be fixed for next season is their effort. The amount of lackluster effort games coming down the stretch is discouraging. I do not know if it falls more on the players or the coaches. However, they will be in for a rude awakening they do not bring an A effort each weekend playing in Hockey East especially since they have lesser talent.

Mac:

You sound like one of the 'fans' of UConn who said their basketball will never win in the Big East or that we won't ever win in D1A football. Guess What?? We did win, and I'll say we will win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom