?Hockey East Play-off format change coming? | The Boneyard

?Hockey East Play-off format change coming?

Reaction Score
Before I got lost in football recruiting stuff today I noticed this... haven't followed back around yet to see what else is out there about it.

Mike McMahon‏ @MikeMcMahonCHN 11h 11 hours ago
Sources: Hockey East members have discussed moving back to an 8-team playoff format. Nothing final. Would potentially mean 3 teams miss PO.

Told that there has not been a vote. Some schools have concerns over implementing it in 17/18, resulting in an empty weekend @ end of season

Belief is that without 12 teams, the fifth-place team doesn't get any PWR help w/ extra first-round games.

Vote likely next week.

Reaction Score
Before I got lost in football recruiting stuff today I noticed this... haven't followed back around yet to see what else is out there about it.

Sources: Hockey East members have discussed moving back to an 8-team playoff format. Nothing final. Would potentially mean 3 teams miss PO.

Told that there has not been a vote. Some schools have concerns over implementing it in 17/18, resulting in an empty weekend @ end of season

Belief is that without 12 teams, the fifth-place team doesn't get any PWR help w/ extra first-round games.

Vote likely next week.
Honestly I like it...you perform during the regular season you get in.

Reaction Score
While they're at it, I'd like them to give the underdog a home game. With Notre Dame now out of the league, travel is less of an issue. Start the series' Thursday night on the campus of the lesser seeded team, use Friday as a travel day, and then finish the series up at the campus of the better seeded team Saturday and Sunday.

You increase the chances of a 3 game series, get more fans involved, and become more like the pros. I see no downside and don't @ me about classes.

Reaction Score
While they're at it, I'd like them to give the underdog a home game. With Notre Dame now out of the league, travel is less of an issue. Start the series' Thursday night on the campus of the lesser seeded team, use Friday as a travel day, and then finish the series up at the campus of the better seeded team Saturday and Sunday.

You increase the chances of a 3 game series, get more fans involved, and become more like the pros. I see no downside and don't @ me about classes.
Yup, but total goals for the two games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom