History made on this day ... | The Boneyard

History made on this day ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the first time ever, I'd guess, the cumulative number of posts on the Women's side of the current incarnation of the Boneyard has exceeded the total number of posts on the Men's board.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You mean that men play basketball?!!! And there is another 'boneyard' for them to discuss it?
How long has this been going on, and why didn't I get the memo?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've been watching this stat off and on for some time. Obviously, it started out equal, but the difference reached about 3,000 more for the men's side, and roughly stabilized there. I expected that with the Olympics, then women's schedule would cut into the lead, and saw it getting close a couple days ago. I can think of one other place where it is plausible to guess that there are more posts on the women's side (just checked, nope). Is there any other school where it is even close?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I've been watching this stat off and on for some time. Obviously, it started out equal, but the difference reached about 3,000 more for the men's side, and roughly stabilized there. I expected that with the Olympics, then women's schedule would cut into the lead, and saw it getting close a couple days ago. I can think of one other place where it is plausible to guess that there are more posts on the women's side (just checked, nope). Is there any other school where it is even close?
No, pretty shocking. And the comparison to football is even more striking. And I agree- the Olympics have definitely been the difference. The games with all the UConn alumnae, plus the interest in women's sports in general, have driven a lot of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom