Historical Question | The Boneyard

Historical Question

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Has UConn ever bounced back from a loss like this to win a National Championship?

OR, stated differently, in their 11 Championship seasons, what is the worse loss in any of those seasons? You can immediately eliminate the Undefeated Seasons.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who cares? There's a **** ton of games left. They need to look in the mirror is all.

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever bounced back from a loss like this to win a National Championship?

OR, stated differently, in their 11 Championship seasons, what is the worse loss in any of those seasons? You can immediately eliminate the Undefeated Seasons.
I mean, I guess the loss to Stanford in the 2013-2014 season is semi-comparable. But Stanford was ranked then. And that year’s UConn team would run this current team out of the gym.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that during Diana Taurasi's junior and senior year, there may have been a couple disappointing losses. But she was the only returning starter, and it may have taken a while to play together. But I can't remember any losses by more than 10 points.

Reaction Score
I don’t think this was a terrible loss. I saw 3 future WNBA players on their roster in my opinion. They were much better than we expected, and we didn’t react well.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
In March of 2003 NOVA beat UCONN for the championship of the BE Tournament in Piscatawy, NJ. It ended UCONN's 70 game winning streak. It was a close game with Taurasi missing a couple of shots at the end. BUT it was a game UCONN was supposed to win and they didn't. They went on just a few weeks later to win the National Championship. So I don't think anybody should write off this season based on something that happened in their second game. This is a different team with new pieces and Paige working her way back. There is plenty of time for the players to mesh and right the ship.

UConn Women Lose, Ending Record Streak (Published 2003)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom