Historic 30-0 Run | The Boneyard

Historic 30-0 Run

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It was astonishing. I kept looking at the scoreboard seeing ‘23’ under Illinois and wondering if they’d ever score. The D was suffocating, and it was very clear the halftime adjustments were to get Alex involved going to the hoop, and to push the fast break

Reaction Score
It was astonishing. I kept looking at the scoreboard seeing ‘23’ under Illinois and wondering if they’d ever score. The D was suffocating, and it was very clear the halftime adjustments were to get Alex involved going to the hoop, and to push the fast break
And Kevin Harlan kept trying to reverse jinx it and manifest them into scoring lol.

Reaction Score
I’ll say this. I was surprised at the Illini turnout. There were more fans there than I thought there’d be. They were loud and definitely took over for a brief stretch in the late first half.

I’ve never experienced anything like what I saw in that 30-0 run. Pure euphoria. It just got worse and worse and worse and then even worse. Those poor SOBs never knew what hit them and walked out of the arena like zombies.

Reaction Score
I want this recorded in atmos 7.1 with the highest definition for when i feel like cranking it up just for crowd explosions.....my god that was just incredible....a masterpiece

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I put this in another thread but it also fits well here (gameflow chart). I love the long, horizontal orange line!

Game Flow.jpg

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to watch the game again today/tonight after my Easter family stuff. That run was insane. Incredible day yestrday. Sons bday party went off without a hitch. Great weather. UConn rolled. Great weekend overall- now time for Easter breakfast.

Reaction Score
My brother was there. Seeing it on TV was amazing, in person surreal I bet.

Clingan, Spencer, Castle and Diarra were all stars yesterday. And Stewart is going to be so good.

Reaction Score
Closest I've ever seen to this was Novas 24-0 run vs Oklahoma. Over 40 minutes that was am even bigger beatdown, 95-51. Two of the best performances in tourney history. Uconn/Illinois and Nova/Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Two big time matcchups I recall in which I beleive close game that just turned ugly vs elite teams was

1--- Georgetwen (Ewing) vs Kentucky (Sam Bowie).

2--- And another was Louisville (Denny Crum and the McCray brothers) vs Phi Slamma Jamma (Cylde The Glide and Hakeem The Dream).

Reaction Score
When Illinois finally scored in the 2nd half an Illini fan stood up and was clapping very loud yelling “oh yeah we finally scored” it was obviously sarcastic everyone had a good laugh.

caw

Reaction Score
Should’ve been 32 but Samson missed a dunk (or was fouled and no call)!

They scored a layup after that miss on a fast break. Imagine he doesn't miss that, they don't get the rebound and hit the guy layup and have to face UConn's set D again.

Reaction Score
No matter where you watched it. It was, indeed, surreal.

Reaction Score
The UConn section in the balcony even cheered when Illinois finally scored, but we are obnoxious as .
When Illinois finally scored in the 2nd half an Illini fan stood up and was clapping very loud yelling “oh yeah we finally scored” it was obviously sarcastic everyone had a good laugh.

Reaction Score
I watched in a bar with two other UConn fans and well over 100 Illinois fans. When Illinois finally scored the place erupted.

Reaction Score
I grin ear to ear reading this quote:
“You just kind of see that they're breaking,” Castle said. “We're in Boston, we've got our fans with us, and when we go on runs like that you can really feel it. I know it probably feels crazy to be on the other side of that run, and you can sense them starting to break.”
They were completely broken by the end of that run. Just a lifeless sack of a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom