Hire now or wait? | The Boneyard

Hire now or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Saw a comment on one of the coaching threads, and wanted to debate whether to hire now versus waiting to the end of the season. If a candidate was available and terms were amenable, should Mr Manuel hire now or wait?

I would think that a hire now would have positive impacts on the appearance of program stability, recruiting, and player evaluation for next year.

I think that it would be a challenge if that would also impact the staffing of the assistants, especially if any will be replaced by announced hires, etc.

Would that have an impact on the players attitudes or play this year? Better? Worse?

Reaction Score
Warde will wait till the end of the season. If you hire someone now, you cheat yourself out of more candidates becoming available at seasons end. As far as recruiting goes I don't think it matters in Uconns case, because it will not get the four and five star recruits until the program develops a winning record over the course of a couple of years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Definitely wait. He said in his press conference that he will not go behind any coach/AD's backs to talk to guys currently under contract. That eliminates all of the currently employed coordinators and head coaches at smaller schools that are very attractive. Wait until the regular season is over and, by then, Warde should have a very good idea of who he'd like to interview.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hire who? Someone off the street?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No one of any consequence is available now. They have jobs. Of course you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom