CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope he knows Spanish!
Star Wars Reaction GIF

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did Pokey Chatman know Russian before coaching there post-LSU?

Below is the club's announcement. Interesting that his résumé shows that he has international experience as AC for the Dutch U18-U20 teams between 2011 and 2018 and for the Estonian U18 team in 2019.

Folks here will get a kick out of the lede:

"'Coach Q,' one of the best coaches in U.S. basketball, makes the jump to Europe as the new head coach of Baloncesto Leganés. In so doing, Quentin Hillsman moves from the prestigious Syracuse University to Liga Endesa."​

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did Pokey Chatman know Russian before coaching there post-LSU?

Below is the club's announcement. Interesting that his résumé shows that he has international experience as AC for the Dutch U18-U20 teams between 2011 and 2018 and for the Estonian U18 team in 2019.

Folks here will get a kick out of the lede:

"'Coach Q,' one of the best coaches in U.S. basketball, makes the jump to Europe as the new head coach of Baloncesto Leganés. In so doing, Quentin Hillsman moves from the prestigious Syracuse University to Liga Endesa."​

In any language that's a lie!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
For what very, very little it may be worth…

“Leganés is described in the 16th century annals as a corruption of Leganar. The latter supposedly makes reference to the abundance of légamo (slime) in the area in ancient times.”

The translator of that wikipedia entry was wrong in calling légamo “slime”. It's the slightly more agreeable silt.

REAL ACADEMIA ESPAÑOLA

Diccionario de Autoridades - Tomo IV (1734)

LEGAMO. s. m. El lodo y barro pegajoso que dexan las águas de los rios y del mar. Latín. Limus. CALD. Com. El Laurel de Apolo. Jorn. 3.
Mal enxuto de las claras
luces del Sol, y no bien
oreado de las áuras,
en corrompidos vapores
de ovas, légamos y lamas

Reaction Score
Google Translate/Audio solves any real-time communication/language problems today. I went to Russia & was able to interact like a native.

Reaction Score
Amani Bartlett, the third of four Syracuse signees to leave just showed up at LSU. The fallout continues. Not sure if she is eligible.

Latasha Lattimore is now at Texas. Neither story says if they are eligible or not.

Shayeanne Day-Wilson recommitted and is now at Duke

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In any language that's a lie!

Maybe, but how many current D1 wcbb coaches have taken their program to a final four?

Not sure, but I'm thinking it's more than the number of coaches who had their entire team quit on them.

I'm getting the impression this club may not care after reading this article. They're having their own drama with coaches it seems.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Apparently below. The team could always hire a translator if he's not fluent in Spanish.

Of course, a lot of European teams have a lot of Americans on their rosters and most people in Europe speak English. He won't be able to get away with his shenanigans while coaching grown women.

Reaction Score
Former Syracuse WBB coach Quentin Hillsman's job in Spain has fallen through, with the official statement from the club citing "problems related to his work permit" (per Google Translate version of the statement) cbleganes.es/web/noticia-43…

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Former Syracuse WBB coach Quentin Hillsman's job in Spain has fallen through, with the official statement from the club citing "problems related to his work permit" (per Google Translate version of the statement) cbleganes.es/web/noticia-43…
and maybe they balked at his clothing budget. ;)

Reaction Score
Maybe team officials read this thread.
Could be possible based on this article I found. The translation is a bit wonky in some spots.

Seems as if the team didn't have a clue, or that's part of the reason they've changed their minds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom