Hillarious Eddie Jordan Post Game Quote | The Boneyard

Hillarious Eddie Jordan Post Game Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This was brought up in the chat room last night, but I haven't seen it on the yard yet, so I figured I would share.

The Day.com Postgame:

-- Jordan's Rutgers team came up short on Saturday. And he did, too, when trying to recall the names of two UConn players.

“They've got two 3-point shooters with some size," Jordan said. "I don't know their names. Number 5 and number 2, I don't know."

Senior Niels Giffey wears No. 5 and Daniels No. 2.

How the hell does a D1 coach not know the names of a starter for UConn and the kid leading the league in three point shooting? And this is after the game!

Reaction Score
“They've got two 3-point shooters with some size," Jordan said. "I don't know their names. Number 5 and number 2, I don't know."
I give the guy credit for not saying exactly what he was using as the ID for Giffey, which wasn't his jersey number, and probably, in the locker room, went something like this:
Damn that White Boy is killing us out there. Will somebody please guard his ass!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I give the guy credit for not saying exactly what he was using as the ID for Giffey, which wasn't his jersey number, and probably, in the locker room, went something like this:

You think he said 'please'?

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is. Rutgers only requires one to know numbers (count) not letters (read).

Reaction Score
I bet most coaches in the scouting report identify players by number, not name.

This is true.

Having a little fun with this, though. Can you see him trying to fill out the all conference ballot? "The kid, #13 on the white team that should have been blue but we wore black at home..."

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Like when Drummond didn't know Herb Pope's name. And people tried to make it some act of disrespect or something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You think he said 'please'?
I coached with a guy who used to say please after a an instruction. If he got to three pleases, the kid was coming out.

Reaction Score
Jordan had terrific things to say about ollie and Napier . Check amores piece

Reaction Score
Jordan had terrific things to say about ollie and Napier . Check amores piece

Yup, spoke about how KO countered how Rutgers was defending Napier in the PnR in the 1st half. That probably won't sit too well with the "KO doesn't make any adjustments" crowd around here.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The funniest part about this is that Jim Calhoun used to do this all the time. I swear he didn't know the names of any opposing players unless they consistently lit us up over a 4 year period.

Reaction Score
I bet most coaches in the scouting report identify players by number, not name.

I think you're correct in that they usually use numbers when giving the scout to the players. But I'd bet that 95% (and that number might be low) of head and assistant coaches know the names of single player on every team they play against.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The funniest part about this is that Jim Calhoun used to do this all the time. I swear he didn't know the names of any opposing players unless they consistently lit us up over a 4 year period.

Yeah it's fine to use the numbers -- as long as you don't say, "I don't know their names."

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Yeah it's fine to use the numbers -- as long as you don't say, "I don't know their names."

Half the time JC didn't even use numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom