Hilarious Calamari Comments | The Boneyard

Hilarious Calamari Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basket...nt-acknowledge-that-louisville-is-in-kentucky

It's a unique thing," Calipari said. "There's no other state, none, that's as connected to their basketball program as this one. Because those other states have other programs. Michigan has Michigan State, California has UCLA, North Carolina has Duke. It's Kentucky throughout this whole state, and that's what makes us unique."

You're tearing us apart, CCSU!

Reaction Score
Big omision of the "Ville". Got to really piss off the Louisville fans, it's not omitting ccsu with all due respect.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
man shows what a fool he is

yet again

Reaction Score
I have always thought that L'ville was historically held in low esteem by those Wildcat supporters as being beneath them, or somewhat lesser than U. of Kentucky. Can someone familiar with the Kentucky collegiate history confirm this??

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
trying to pretend the Cards don't matter and feeding his flock

while be laughed at in the other 49 states

Reaction Score
I have always thought that L'ville was historically held in low esteem by those Wildcat supporters as being beneath them, or somewhat lesser than U. of Kentucky. Can someone familiar with the Kentucky collegiate history confirm this??

Yes.

He knows his statement is false. It's said to excite his boosters. Sort of like Calhoun stating that we'll be playing in a top level conference as fact.

Reaction Score
I read this and could not believe it. What a POS. I hope Lville stomps Uk this year- and I have a feeling they just might, no matter what the talking heads say. Lville will be tough this year.

Reaction Score
LVille will be tough but they're not beating UK in Rupp this year

Reaction Score
North Carolina has Duke? He might be forgetting another school in there haha

Reaction Score

What program, State? I think you might have missed the point of his comment.

He's feeding his base. I'm sure they love it. Who cares?

Reaction Score
I don't care one bit. But I do think Lville has a chance to beat Kensucky at home this year. They are too cocky for starting a bunch of young pups and Lville has like 16 players they can throw at them and wear out the super star pups on Kensucky that have never been punched in the mouth before in their lives.

Reaction Score
This is funny. Calipari comes off like an immature 10 year old but this is what really drives 'Ville crazy and brings out the worst of their inferiority complex. Poor 'Ville fans, they are even getting on by their own coach, it was only a week ago when Pitino said his worst decision was leaving Lexington for the Celtics (he referred to it as Camelot).

Reaction Score

He was naming states that have a big bball school with that name that also have another big bball school.

Reaction Score
What program, State? I think you might have missed the point of his comment.

He's feeding his base. I'm sure they love it. Who cares?

Yeah I read it too fast and missed the main point, I guess.

What threw me off was the UCLA example: he's talking about the most successful NCAA team of all time and trying to treat them a diversion from Cal?
I see what he's saying about other teams taking attention away, but on the West Coast I'm pretty sure UCLA is the effective "flagship" basketball program, even if it doesn't spell out the state's name as a whole like Cal does.

Nonetheless a big "' to the U of L considering how much money the Cards pump into their athletics, and how successful they are. Can't wait for the Bluegrass showdown this year, I think both teams are legit Final four contenders with great new players coming in.

Reaction Score
It is so obvious what he is doing that I don't even think it is a big deal. I think its funny. Given Pitino's recent rants I am not going to sit here and say I feel bad that Calipari is taking veiled (or not so veiled) shots at Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom