Highlights v. Villanova | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Villanova

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So much more fun when you know the result. Appreciate the late night effort!

Reaction Score
BEST highlights ever by Storrs South. But, you did have a lot to work with;)

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thank you, Storrs South!

Reaction Score
Awesome job on this! I looked at the last Gillespie drive many times and I think he travelled because of a little stutter step just before/as contact is starting to happen. Look at it on the last replay sequence (i.e. from the baseline).

Reaction Score
These highlights really show Andre's impact on the game in ways that the box score can't.

Kinda blew my mind that he had 8 assists yesterday. Nicely done

Reaction Score
Couldn't see it well from Section 201 in real-time but AJ's 2nd FT with 0.2 sec left was brilliant design and execution. Deliberate miss is 100% the best play there. But the fact that he immediately line-drived it off the rim as soon as it got in his hands totally caught Nova off-guard. Half the team wasn't even ready for the shot to go up. Ensured no way they were even gonna have time to make a desperation heave.

Kid is special.

Reaction Score
We just talked here about using the back screen curl lobs Bouk used so effectively for Jackson and there you go; first play of the game. Coincidence...I think not.

Reaction Score
We just talked here about using the back screen curl lobs Bouk used so effectively for Jackson and there you go; first play of the game. Coincidence...I think not.
Gillespie had no chance of even staying in the same zip code as Jackson, which made me wonder, how often Gillespie was involved on d when UCONN scored. First & Last plays of game, brilliant.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Couldn't see it well from Section 201 in real-time but AJ's 2nd FT with 0.2 sec left was brilliant design and execution. Deliberate miss is 100% the best play there. But the fact that he immediately line-drived it off the rim as soon as it got in his hands totally caught Nova off-guard. Half the team wasn't even ready for the shot to go up. Ensured no way they were even gonna have time to make a desperation heave.

Kid is special.
I thought the clock starts as soon as it hits the rim. Seemed to start when he touched the ball off the rebound

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agreed--and apparently they were working on that in practice before the game.

But I guess my question is why we don't have 100 other variations of that play to run for AJax. He scored the first basket of the night and didn't score again until the last basket, which was the front end of his 1 and 1. With his breakaway athleticism we should have a lot more plays designed to take advantage of it.

Reaction Score
Great video, will definitely be re-watching this one.

It looks like Gillespie travels before Cole ties him up at 9:30 in the video. Appears to substantially shift his pivot foot. May have even stepped out of bounds too, which is what Kimani seems to indicate after the ref blows the whistle. Either way, same result!

Reaction Score
I thought the clock starts as soon as it hits the rim. Seemed to start when he touched the ball off the rebound
Doesn't start until someone actually touches the ball, the same way it won't start until it's touched on an inbounds pass

Reaction Score

Kid is special.
You can't heave it with .2 anyway.

Reaction Score

Kid is special.

The kid has a hell of a BBIQ in basically every facet of the game except anything to do with scoring. Not sure we've ever had that kind of player before... I'm not sure there are many players that have gone through ANY program with that profile.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I believe in the last two minutes, it starts when a player touches it, just as on an inbounds play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom