Highlights v. SCSU | The Boneyard

Highlights v. SCSU

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting those highlights. Seeing Brendan and Tarin along with Gilbert moving very well has me psyched for this season. The opponent almost didn’t matter because we have guards who can drive and shoot from the perimeter and we seem to have something I haven’t seen much of, ball movement with a purpose.

Reaction Score
I love what I see from Alterique. Definitely has improved his overall game and mentally looks very solid. Health wise he looks ready to go no tentativeness whatsoever.

I'm excited for him and Tyler Polley. Jalen looks humbled which is good because he needs it badly to achieve his dreams. Needs to go hard in games like Alterique. Jalen is not giving 100%.

PS: We have a tournament team this year if Jalen gives 100%. Alterique is back to himself and has my complete trust now. CV needs to not get overly emotional and read defenses better. Tyler Polley is an X-factor, just a smart player, smart defender, and good shooter. Branden Adams is another one who can help us defend and make open shots on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Love what B. Adams and Smith bring to this team.

Both play tough defense and play hard.
They honestly look the part of starters.
If these are an indication of " Hurley" recruits we should get excited.

Reaction Score
Highlights show offensive moves inside from Carlton and Cobb that we never saw once in four years from Amida Brimah. There is offensive skill in the middle, no doubt. Cobb can also throw an outlet pass. Shortcoming up front is largely defensive and off the boards, which is a serious concern, but the frontcourt is far from hopeless. And I continue to think that Diarra will be the starting 4 by January.

Reaction Score
Did we play SCSU last year? Seems we struggled badly against a D2 team under Ollie in recent years if I remember right. I don’t recall beating anyone easily in ages. This looks good to me even if there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the video. Although I don't want to get my excitement going full throttle, they did look good. I couldn't tell who was new. They played well. Cobb and Carlton looked good underneath. Lots of speed. Also, the three looked good (although I did not see the percentages yet).

Reaction Score
Did we play SCSU last year? Seems we struggled badly against a D2 team under Ollie in recent years if I remember right. I don’t remember beating anyone easily in ages. This looks good to me even if there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Last played SCSU in 2016-2017 season. UConn won 94-65. UConn ended that year 16-17; SCSU went 18-13. No idea if this is a better or worse SCSU. Either way I wouldn't read much into the score and more just go by the eye test here.

Brendan Adams is underrated as Hurley noted during the summer: looked confident and can shoot the rock, handle needs some work but he doesn't need much of one for now when Jalen and Alterique handle PG duties.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the highlights!

-Transition game looked very good last night.

-Ball movement was much better in half court sets c/w last year

-We have a bunch of very good ballhandling guards

-Overall energy of the team was high and positive

-If we can clean up the defense (better close outs and rebounding), we are going to make some noise this year!

Reaction Score
Gilbert is a lefty, correct? Which shoulder did he injure? I have to admit, watching him hang from the rim made me nervous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gilbert is a lefty, correct? Which shoulder did he injure? I have to admit, watching him hang from the rim made me nervous.

I Understand the sentiment but I’m sure he’s done things during his rehab and ongoing practices that are 10x worse stressors on his shoulder than hanging on the rim.

Btw I loved the scissor kick thing he did on the way up to that dunk. “10” for style points!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom