Highlights v. NJIT | The Boneyard

Highlights v. NJIT

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was a sufficiently boring snooze fest.

My only takeaways
1. Hurley wanted to shut down their only scorer and the players did just that.
2. Nice to see 3 TO's combined between AG and CV.
3. If ESPN box score is correct, 7 assists for Gaffney. Nice. But I must have missed all of them.

Reaction Score

My only takeaways
3. If ESPN box score is correct, 7 assists for Gaffney. Nice. But I must have missed all of them.

Was there any crowd there?

Reaction Score

My only takeaways

Gaffney sees the floor very well and makes smart decisions. Not a big scorer, yet, but that will come. He puts himself in the right spots, gets the defense to shift and then passes to the open man. I definitely saw 7 assists.

Reaction Score

My only takeaways
Actually UConn played terrific D shutting down their best player and we held that team to 45 points.
Welch says D is the one thing you can take on the road. I agree that’s our ticket for success.
If Hurley didn’t get a bad T at the end of the half they wouldn’t have hit 20 in the first.
We are a pain in the butt team to play and that‘s a good thing.
Vitale, Akok , and Adams, all played well. Akok is a beast.
Gilbert,and Gaffney made their guards life missable although neither had a great offensive day. If Gaff had 7 assists they were very quiet ones,
Polley did not shoot well ( him and others came up short on shots a number of times ) but it was the most aggressive I’ve seen him play. 5 rebounds and two blocks .
Carlton was active setting screens and rebounding but needs to finish stronger at the hoop and for sure don’t put the ball on the floor.
Bouknight was out of sorts a bit. His shot wasn’t falling and seemed to be pressing too much.
His defense is not yet up to the other subs , Whaley Adams, Gaffney or even little utilized Wilson Who seem to be getting it.
Whaley played hard D but wasn’t much of a factor offensively.
Wilson got a few minutes and the walk on‘s came on with 3 minutes left in the game.
I said before hand these last three games were important
Can Hurley find a competent backup PG
yes Gaffney has emerged
Can the younger guys be integrated into the pressure D
yes all but Bouknight have stepped up. I
Lets go in and best Cinncy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NJIT ain't no Cinci, Houston, Memphis or WSU - not even SFU
Josh and Polley better decide to step it up or some of these AAC games are going to get out of hand quickly
Are they potentially winnable? Yes but things have to line up just right
Playing aggressive D the past few games is a lovely thing to see but the opponents are not earth shaking
Nice to see CV fully connected
On to the league matches and let's get it done Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
Vital had a very good game. When he drives he needs to get the ball up higher on the glass. He misses many drives because the ball does not clear the rim. This applies to Gilbert as well.
We made 3's today which extended the lead. Our half court offense is a concern as we wind up at the end of the shot clock often without any decent looks the whole time. There were times today we had Gilbert at the foul line and he is not a threat from there. He gets swallowed up. What was he doing there?
We will need Akok and Vital to have big rebounding games to beat Cinci. They were both real active today.

Reaction Score
On to the next decade and conference play at 1.6666 arena. Cincy is beatable.
That was my main problem today, the last game of the decade. They're about 367 days too early.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was my main problem today, the last game of the decade. They're about 367 days too early.
It depends. When people talk about "the 20's," they'll be starting with 2020 as the first year of the 20's. Like 1970 was the first year of the 70's.

Reaction Score
It depends. When people talk about "the 20's," they'll be starting with 2020 as the first year of the 20's. Like 1970 was the first year of the 70's.
Regardless, a decade is a decade.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Actually UConn played terrific D shutting down their best player and we held that team to 45 points.
Welch says D is the one thing you can take on the road. I agree that’s our ticket for success.
If Hurley didn’t get a bad T at the end of the half they wouldn’t have hit 20 in the first.
We are a pain in the butt team to play and that‘s a good thing.
Vitale, Akok , and Adams, all played well. Akok is a beast.
Gilbert,and Gaffney made their guards life missable although neither had a great offensive day. If Gaff had 7 assists they were very quiet ones,
Polley did not shoot well ( him and others came up short on shots a number of times ) but it was the most aggressive I’ve seen him play. 5 rebounds and two blocks .
Carlton was active setting screens and rebounding but needs to finish stronger at the hoop and for sure don’t put the ball on the floor.
Bouknight was out of sorts a bit. His shot wasn’t falling and seemed to be pressing too much.
His defense is not yet up to the other subs , Whaley Adams, Gaffney or even little utilized Wilson Who seem to be getting it.
Whaley played hard D but wasn’t much of a factor offensively.
Wilson got a few minutes and the walk on‘s came on with 3 minutes left in the game.
I said before hand these last three games were important
Can Hurley find a competent backup PG
yes Gaffney has emerged
Can the younger guys be integrated into the pressure D
yes all but Bouknight have stepped up. I
Lets go in and best Cinncy.
Seems every time Carlton has to make that 1 dribble. Gives defense time to collapse on him. No dribble, just go up strong and flush it.

Reaction Score
Very good crowd, but kind of quiet because it wasn’t a really exciting game. We did what we needed to do. Akok blocked 5 shots but also was responsible for several njit players crapping their pants when they even got near him.

Best part about a great shot blocker izn't the 5 blocks.. it's what you describe there. He must have altered another 10 shots. Guards are constantly worried when they drive.. make it so much harder to get buckets, even when akok isn't near the rim

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom