Highlights v. Le Cannet | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Le Cannet

Reaction Score
Newton’s shot release looks quicker. Could help him play off ball a lot if he’s a quick catch and shoot threat

Cam knows he isn’t the biggest or most athletic guy, but seems to position himself in ways to make quick and efficient decisions instead of forcing something he isn’t strong at. Really great to see

Lots of passing. From everyone. Love that!

Reaction Score
Many thoughts and questions watching this.

1) Karaban is going to be LETHAL from the 3-pt line this season. Over/Under he's at 38% from three by the end of the year?

2) The collective athleticism on this team is insane. Top 3 all-time UConn teams in athleticism from top-to-bottom?

3) Clingan adding a respectable three point shot is simply unfair. Coach should arrange a visit from Porzingis now that he's in Boston. Over/Under Clingan averages double-digit rebounds?

4) Castle has scary instincts and body control for his age/size. Pretty obvious he's gone after 1 or 2 years depending on how we do in the tourney. Over/Under he averages 10 pts a game?

5) Samson is a FREAK. Shame he has to compete with starting lineup locks in Karaban and Clingan. 95% of teams, he's starting. We continue to have unfair big man luxuries off the bench. Last year Clingan, this year Sam.

6) It appears our depth, yet again, is going to overwhelm everyone we play. Can easily go 9-10 deep without much of a dropoff.

7) This team is UNSELFISH. Hopefully not to a fault. I imagine we go to Tristen late in close games, but I'd feel comfortable with 4-5 players with the ball in a close one.

Can we fast-forward 3 months!? I'm pumped.

gab

Reaction Score

1) Karaban is going to be LETHAL from the 3-pt line this season. Over/Under he's at 38% from three by the end of the year?

2) The collective athleticism on this team is insane. Top 3 all-time UConn teams in athleticism from top-to-bottom?

3) Clingan adding a respectable three point shot is simply unfair. Coach should arrange a visit from Porzingis now that he's in Boston. Over/Under Clingan averages double-digit rebounds?

4) Castle has scary instincts and body control for his age/size. Pretty obvious he's gone after 1 or 2 years depending on how we do in the tourney. Over/Under he averages 10 pts a game?

5) Samson is a FREAK. Shame he has to compete with starting lineup locks in Karaban and Clingan. 95% of teams, he's starting. We continue to have unfair big man luxuries off the bench. Last year Clingan, this year Sam.

6) It appears our depth, yet again, is going to overwhelm everyone we play. Can easily go 9-10 deep without much of a dropoff.

7) This team is UNSELFISH. Hopefully not to a fault. I imagine we go to Tristen late in close games, but I'd feel comfortable with 4-5 players with the ball in a close one.

1 - Over
2 - interesting perspective. Top 5 look to be ”good“ athletes while bench looks VERY athletic.
3 - Over
4 - Under. Agree with your observations but just think this team is too deep and stacked with shooters
5 - Yep!
6 - Yep!
7 - Yep! All 5 starters (whether its HD or SC in 5th spot) can either put the ball on the deck, pass or shoot (most can do all 3)

Reaction Score
It appears they are really working on finding the open shot. Love the unselfishness. Very exciting!

Reaction Score

1) He was at 40% last season. Spencer should be, too. Newton will likely take another small improvement (or may regress a bit as he had a fairly big non-linear jump from the year before).
2) The bench is going to be much more athletic than the starters all things considered. Our most athletic PG is Diarra, our most athletic 2 is Ball, our most athletic 3 is probably Castle but might be Ross, our most athletic 4 is Stewart, and our most athletic 5 is Johnson.
7) Will be the reason we're a top 10 offense this season despite 3 new starters.

Reaction Score

I think this is a funny thing to say. None of our starting 5 is a freak athlete by any means, about average by high-major standards. Our team last year was more athletic. Many teams had more pure athleticism over the past 3 decades. The hallmark of the 23-24 team is an exceptionally high skill level, not pure athleticism.

Reaction Score
1) He was at 40% last season. Spencer should be, too. Newton will likely take another small improvement (or may regress a bit as he had a fairly big non-linear jump from the year before).
2) The bench is going to be much more athletic than the starters all things considered. Our most athletic PG is Diarra, our most athletic 2 is Ball, our most athletic 3 is probably Castle but might be Ross, our most athletic 4 is Stewart, and our most athletic 5 is Johnson.
7) Will be the reason we're a top 10 offense this season despite 3 new starters.
Our most athletic point guard is Diarra? Strong disagree on this one. I also disagree Johnson is more athletic than Clingan.

Reaction Score
Newton’s shot release looks quicker. Could help him play off ball a lot if he’s a quick catch and shoot threat

Cam knows he isn’t the biggest or most athletic guy, but seems to position himself in ways to make quick and efficient decisions instead of forcing something he isn’t strong at. Really great to see

Lots of passing. From everyone. Love that!

Reaction Score
I think this is a funny thing to say. None of our starting 5 is a freak athlete by any means, about average by high-major standards. Our team last year was more athletic. Many teams had more pure athleticism over the past 3 decades. The hallmark of the 23-24 team is an exceptionally high skill level, not pure athleticism.
I agree about the starting lineup's athleticism. However, crazy how athletic the incoming class is.

Samson
Solo
Ross
Castle
Singare
Clingan
Stewart

That's 7 with above-average athleticism. Not many UConn teams went 7 deep with this level of hops. Also, IMO Clingan's athleticism is underrated.

Reaction Score
I agree about the starting lineup's athleticism. However, crazy how athletic the incoming class is.

Samson
Solo
Ross
Castle
Singare
Clingan
Stewart

That's 7 with above-average athleticism. Not many UConn teams went 7 deep with this level of hops. Also, IMO Clingan's athleticism is underrated.

Having a bench with athleticism doesn't make you the most athletic Husky team ever, as you originally claimed. That's probably 70% of our minutes. I'm not trying to be an a-wipe here, I really just don't understand what you're trying to say.

Castle is an average athlete, as is Stewart and Ross. Again, size and skill level are their notable strengths, not pure athleticism.

Samson and Solo are the guys on the roster who really have +++ athleticism.

Reaction Score
Newton and Spencer. That is a very solid place to start from in regards to backcourt play. Takes pressure off the freshman.

Reaction Score
Having a bench with athleticism doesn't make you the most athletic Husky team ever, as you originally claimed. That's probably 70% of our minutes. I'm not trying to be an a-wipe here, I really just don't understand what you're trying to say.

Castle is an average athlete, as is Stewart and Ross. Again, size and skill level are their notable strengths, not pure athleticism.

Doesn't matter if you're young and a benchwarmer. If you have athleticism you have athleticism.

I'm sorry, Castle, Ross, and even Singare have above-average athleticism. Go back and watch film on them. And yes, Samson and Solo would qualify as having ELITE athleticism. This is why I'm purposely using the phrase "above-average."

Average athletes on the team would be Newton, Diarra, Karaban, etc.

Reaction Score

Ross isn’t an average athlete

Reaction Score
A lot to be impressed by but i have to say in a small sample Singare looks good running the floor and his off balance basket in the post without traveling with some touch on the lay in is nice.

Reaction Score
BBIQ and making the extra pass to the open man within the flow of the offense is going to be one of the strengths of this team.. Donovan looks pretty comfortable with the ball in his hands at the top of the key with guys cutting to the hoop.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Spencer is going to be first team all Big East and has a chance to be an All-American. He's moving from an offensive system that limited his game to one that is going to allow him to flourish. We're going to be ridiculously good again this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom