Highlights v. Florida | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Florida

Reaction Score
Thanks good stuff. Rewatching this I see the half court offense problem lies mostly on Carltons positioning. With him being so high up (top of the key) for most of the shot clock really clogs the driving lanes which would provide more opportunity. One specific part is when Gilbert nails the step back 2 to put us up by 3 late in the game. And it’s when Carlton retreated to where he should be positioned when the lanes opened up.

What I’d like to see from the starting 5 is
AG: Up top. Don’t look for the 3, rather drive and dish or drive and step back or drive and finish/draw a foul.
CV: Left elbow 3. Set some screens for AG and open up for 3 or make a cut to get the ball. Or look from a kick from Carlton going inside out quick if they collapse. Crash Boards
Polley: Right elbow 3 (Same as CV)
Akok: Roaming around the top of the key elbows and baseline midrange. (Akok shouldn’t be looking for a 3 rather a mid range jumper on the elbow or baseline is where he thrives.
Carlton: Post up on the ball side block. Occasionally come out to set a ball screen for AG on the point and then roll for the pass. Or just stay low and let AG beat his man on the dribble and seal the lane or open up for a pass.

I feel like this set up will grant some early success. Also our 1st possessions last game were too long. Create a good look and take it.

How each offensive possession should start is with a quick pick and roll from Carlton but don’t force it to Carlton, maybe Akok is open on the baseline, or Polley or CV is open for 3. But at least this will get us a great look and then we can play some tough D and force turnovers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom