Highlights v. Everyone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Everyone

Reaction Score
How long did this take?

It’s gotta be a really long time.
Got to be honest...it wasn't that long.

Started about 5 days ago, because I do highlights for every win I already did the heavy lifting for most games, just needed to cut it down to top 3-5 plays per game. All of the losses took more time since I had to pull from other people's highlights and comb through that. Same thing for NCAAT.

Reaction Score
This was fantastic! Thank you! Agree with the Andre comments. Also what stood out to me was the absolute and relative number of these highlights that were Clingan blocks and dunks. Really brings home how huge he was for us and how great he can be next year. Made me feel a lot better about losing Adama.

Reaction Score
This is cool, thanks for posting! Two quick thoughts:

In the 2017-2018 season, UConn had 48 dunks total. So Clingan had more this year than our entire team did that year lol.

Also funny that Karaban and Hawkins had the same number of dunks, considering that Hawkins' dunks were all so loud and spectacular whereas Karaban's dunks were some of the most understated of the season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Thanks.

For future reference what site is that from? I checked several different places and didn't see any of them tracking dunks.

I would have definitely had the top three correct as a grouping. Would have thought Adama was a few ahead of Jackson. Seemed like Adama was good for one a game. Jackson had several get with only one or two FG's so an average of about 0.80 seems spot on.

Karaban and Hawkins being tied is interesting. These highlights must have shown all 9 from each of them.

Reaction Score
Thanks.

For future reference what site is that from? I checked several different places and didn't see any of them tracking dunks.

I would have definitely had the top three correct as a grouping. Would have thought Adama was a few ahead of Jackson. Seemed like Adama was good for one a game. Jackson had several get with only one or two FG's so an average of about 0.80 seems spot on.

Karaban and Hawkins being tied is interesting. These highlights must have shown all 9 from each of them.
It came from Bart Torvik. I think it's one of the few sites that actually tracks dunks for some reason

Reaction Score
Watching it sticks out that this team had 4 Nba players on it and 2 maybes (Karaban, Newton). Luxury of depth we had this year.

Reaction Score
new favorite huskies youtube video of all time. thanks @Storrs South !

inspiring me to put together my top 10 plays of the year i think...
ok, i probably missed one or two plays, but here goes:

1. hawkins clutch three in the championship game
no explanation needed. hawkins did so many insane things this season that it almost became routine.

2. jackson's crazy "steal" and buzzer-beating delivery to karaban against gonzaga
other worldly. karaban so clutch, as well. this changed the entire game - you forget how close it was at the half.

3. karaban's baseball pass to jackson for the alley-oop to clingan against arkansas
reminds me of some calhoun-era transition highlights. top three because it was in the tournament.

4. jackson behind-the-back dunk
one of the crazier plays i have ever seen on a basketball court and fanta's play-by-play captures it really well. would be a lot higher if it had been in a more meaningful game.

5. calcaterra one-handed layup
you could put his entire scoring run from this game on the top 10. this play is also a good example of adama's improved passing.

6. calcaterra behind-the-back to clingan
this is obviously the other play that stands out from the scoring run, but i also love the deep three w- the raff "oh my goodness" line

7. karaban buzzer-beater at halftime at villanova
hurley had an amazing quote about this game from his latest PMT interview. reminded everyone how much hype villanova was getting late-in-the-season. uconn ended that. this shot was a huge part of that.

8. jackson sky-high alley-oop to sanogo for the one-handed jam against ok state
some idiots on this board were still saying sanogo couldn't dunk midway through the season. looked so much like okafor on this play.

9. "jackson HOLE" dunk in transition against georgetown
could have chosen a lot of other plays, but i love the commentary from bill raftery and this play shows the freak speed, athleticism, and court vision from our mvp.

10. alleyne half-court shot against marquette
had to include something from this game because i sprang for lower-bowl seats for myself, my dad, and my brother and it was so fun to watch. also, inspired the "nika looked like nahiem alleyne out there" comment from azzi fudd, which was one of my favorite little in-season moments.

honarable mention: jackson steal in the backcourt and euro finish to tie the game at xavier
if we won this game, this play would be top-10, easily

Reaction Score
Amazing work. I know the highlight videos usually don’t have this, but wish there was more Sanogo working in the low post clips. Watching him and his footwork school kids this season was pure joy.

Reaction Score
Wow, honestly you take for granted how many impressive passes Newton made. That overhead rocket pass to karaban slipping in behind sanogo in the lane was incredible.

Sad we didn’t see the Johnson breakaway dunk from one of their first games. That somehow always stuck with me all season.

Thank you so much for this, absolutely incredible. even watching the games during our losing stretch was enjoyable despite reliving that horrible time

Reaction Score
ok, i probably missed one or two plays, but here goes:

1. hawkins clutch three in the championship game
no explanation needed. hawkins did so many insane things this season that it almost became routine.

2. jackson's crazy "steal" and buzzer-beating delivery to karaban against gonzaga
other worldly. karaban so clutch, as well. this changed the entire game - you forget how close it was at the half.

3. karaban's baseball pass to jackson for the alley-oop to clingan against arkansas
reminds me of some calhoun-era transition highlights. top three because it was in the tournament.

4. jackson behind-the-back dunk
one of the crazier plays i have ever seen on a basketball court and fanta's play-by-play captures it really well. would be a lot higher if it had been in a more meaningful game.

5. calcaterra one-handed layup
you could put his entire scoring run from this game on the top 10. this play is also a good example of adama's improved passing.

6. calcaterra behind-the-back to clingan
this is obviously the other play that stands out from the scoring run, but i also love the deep three w- the raff "oh my goodness" line

7. karaban buzzer-beater at halftime at villanova
hurley had an amazing quote about this game from his latest PMT interview. reminded everyone how much hype villanova was getting late-in-the-season. uconn ended that. this shot was a huge part of that.

8. jackson sky-high alley-oop to sanogo for the one-handed jam against ok state
some idiots on this board were still saying sanogo couldn't dunk midway through the season. looked so much like okafor on this play.

9. "jackson HOLE" dunk in transition against georgetown
could have chosen a lot of other plays, but i love the commentary from bill raftery and this play shows the freak speed, athleticism, and court vision from our mvp.

10. alleyne half-court shot against marquette
had to include something from this game because i sprang for lower-bowl seats for myself, my dad, and my brother and it was so fun to watch. also, inspired the "nika looked like nahiem alleyne out there" comment from azzi fudd, which was one of my favorite little in-season moments.

honarable mention: jackson steal in the backcourt and euro finish to tie the game at xavier
if we won this game, this play would be top-10, easily

Another honorable mention: Jackson dunk first half against providence @ MSG where he cocks it back and dunks on #21

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For all of his high flying, I'm shocked Jackson didn't put anyone on a poster this year. I ran into him at the Cuse football game before the season started and got a pic with him and Nogo. I asked Jax how many guys he was going to dunk on this year, and he replied " a whole lot." You know that means someone is getting their face dunked on next year. CAN'T WAIT.

Reaction Score
For all of his high flying, I'm shocked Jackson didn't put anyone on a poster this year. I ran into him at the Cuse football game before the season started and got a pic with him and Nogo. I asked Jax how many guys he was going to dunk on this year, and he replied " a whole lot." You know that means someone is getting their face dunked on next year. CAN'T WAIT.
He did a couple times. He put Akok on a poster (not in video) at Gampel and v. PC at MSG which was just nasty and one of the best dunks in UConn history imo.

Reaction Score
Another honorable mention: Jackson dunk first half against providence @ MSG where he cocks it back and dunks on #21

Never noticed it before, but the Friar mascot sitting in the background looking dead inside is hilarious.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
He did a couple times. He put Akok on a poster (not in video) at Gampel and v. PC at MSG which was just nasty and one of the best dunks in UConn history imo.
I’m talking about NBA type, nuts on chin, ESPN top 10, with even the opposing bench hiding their giddiness posterizing. It’s coming.

Reaction Score
Just a GREAT compilation of GREAT highlights! Got me all pumped up again for November to get here as fast as possible!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
As always props to @Storrs South for the content. UConn should be paying you to make this stuff.

Since everyone acknowledged Andre already. I’m just gonna say this video made me sad we only got one year of Joey. What a crazy, strong, and unexpected impact his year in Storrs had. I think he’ll be remembered among the fan favorite role players.

Reaction Score
wow what a highlight....Andre Jackson Jr in open court...so fast!...looks like everyone else is moving in slow motion...but also so damn smart! I know hypotheticals are dumb but just imagine if Jackson had Hawkin's jumpshot...this guy would go #2 in the draft behind Wembanyama...just wow...thank you so much Storrs South

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom