Highlight of the Night | The Boneyard

Highlight of the Night

Reaction Score
Agree on the highlight.

Lowlight had to be Gaffneys first collegiate attempt resulting in Carton picking up his second foul.

Reaction Score
Agree on the highlight.

Lowlight had to be Gaffneys first collegiate attempt resulting in Carton picking up his second foul.

But he only missed the rim by about 3 feet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree on the highlight.

Honestly the lowlight was Gaffney’s perfect impression of a chair on defense. I don’t think we need him to score much but he has to be our backup PG and we do need D.

Reaction Score
But he only missed the rim by about 3 feet.
Also loved Carlton’s block resulting in a shot clock violation and Carlton getting all fired up! We need to see more of that emotion from him this year!

Reaction Score
Highlight to me was the overall defensive tenacity. Haven't seen that in many, many years. Steals, blocked shots, aggressive switching, challenged shots, dribbler pestering/aggression, etc... Far from perfect (1st game) but it will certainly get even better as the season progresses. Without that the game would have been much closer.

I also saw a lot of mobile athletes (particularly our bigs) allowing substitutions of fresh bodies with no let down. Right now I care more about Bouknight's defensive play than offense. That is a huge change of mindset for this UConn fan.

Hurley is seeking a defensive identity which itself invokes fear and respect in opponents. His players seem to have brought in to that.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My highlight was Vital's 3/4 court assist to Carlton.
My lowlight was Vital's entire first half.

Reaction Score
Gaffney missed close to a month of practice, Hurley basically said it's the biggest disappointment of the preseason.

Reaction Score
I think the best play was Sid shot fake at the foul line, dish to Akok for reverse almost dunk...showed Sid has learned to slow the game down a bit

Reaction Score
Vital D reading and picking off a SH full court pass and turning it into a fast break going the other way. AG wrap around to Carlton. Tough defense by Adams. Hope JB and JG will help our outside shooting.

Reaction Score
Dang... I thought it was going to be a review of the pizza cone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom