Higher UCONN Ticket Prices | The Boneyard

Higher UCONN Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well WFSB is reporting that The University of Connecticut commissioned the McKinsey Study last year to suggest ways UConn could cut costs and boost income as the school's state subsidies drop.

The report found the athletic department could raise more money by instituting "variable ticket pricing," - essentially charging higher prices for more popular games.
The report also found that the school's spending on scholarships, coaches' salaries and team travel are the highest among public Big East programs, and represent another area of potential savings.

Just want all of us fans want is higher prices so that even fewer people attend games. I understand that the state is cutting funding but in this economic climate now would not be a good time to either raise prices or cut coaches' salaries.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
1) What actually ended up happening is that ticket prices were lowered for all games prior to 1/1, including Stanford and A&M, so this seems not have come to pass.

2) An unfortunate reality is that in a price-inelastic market, raising prices is what you're supposed to do. If sales don't decrease proportionally to the rise in price, the revenue-maximizing decision is to increase pricing. For instance, if a 20% rise in price causes attendance to decrease by 50%, you can't raise prices. However, if a 20% increase in prices results in a 10% decrease in attendance, you're supposed to raise prices. Either UConn decided its fanbase was price-elastic or they didn't want to deal with the PR fiasco and settled on raising parking pricing in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Well since it is just now being reported I presume that this is a "new" report althought I don't know that for sure. You are correct regarding the economics of ticket pricing but given the complaint last year about the poor attendance at espically Women's games you would think that they would do whatever it took to put more butts in the seats. I saw in a previous thread, some very creative suggestions.

Reaction Score
Well, in the big leagues of wcbb these expenses are why we get the level of recruits we get, should Uconn choose to stop funding for the team to do things like go to Europe etc the team will lose its level of gravitas when recruiting the next generation of players , every cut will result in making it harder on the schools ability to get the future 6'4" western New York uber player so to speak, the truth sad or otherwise is that if we want what we have to continue we will be required to pay for it.

Reaction Score
Well, in the big leagues of wcbb these expenses are why we get the level of recruits we get, should Uconn choose to stop funding for the team to do things like go to Europe etc the team will lose its level of gravitas when recruiting the next generation of players , every cut will result in making it harder on the schools ability to get the future 6'4" western New York uber player so to speak, the truth sad or otherwise is that if we want what we have to continue we will be required to pay for it.

If you are serious, you are totally ignorant of the way Geno runs his program. Not to mention the character and personality of the players he recruits. IF you asked the players if the trip to Europe had any effect on their recruiting they would be mystified.

Reaction Score
If you are serious, you are totally ignorant of the way Geno runs his program. Not to mention the character and personality of the players he recruits. IF you asked the players if the trip to Europe had any effect on their recruiting they would be mystified.

ignorance ? please, you missed the point altogether. Easy on the kool-aid.

Have a nice day

Go Uconn

Reaction Score
ignorance ? please, you missed the point altogether. Easy on the kool-aid.

Have a nice day

Go Uconn

Oh, I get it. You were just being sarcastic. LOL You know Geno never recruits players who care anything about trips to Europe or charter flights to Palo Alto. They are competitors.

Reaction Score
I like the new approach. If fans want to cut parking costs, they can double up with someone else and split the fees. It's totally logical to charge lower ticket prices for games of low interest to help ensure that more seats are filled. If you want to see a game against some other uber-team of the year, then pony up.

The trouble is that some cosseted Husky fans want to watch the Yankees while paying ticket prices at the level of a minor league Double-A baseball game.

Reaction Score
Or just on TV for free if things get out of hand. Then my beer frig is close by and so is the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom