High School Player of Year Watch List | The Boneyard

High School Player of Year Watch List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interestingly Morgan Tuck is included in the six candidates. The same Morgan Tuck Hoopgurls has ranked at #15. Stewart is ranked as well. I presume their teams' context is why the simply did not choose the top five ranked players. Moriah Jefferson gets no love.
Tuck leads Bolingbrook to victory
UConn signee Morgan Tuck had 26 points as Bolingbrook (Ill.) defeat Twinsburg (Ohio) 50-47 Saturday on day two of the Turkey Jamm in Memphis, Tenn. Former UConn recruiting target Malina Howard, who is headed to Maryland, had 10 for Twinsburg.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i realize a couple of us have been on the Morgan bandwagon since day 1, and i think UCONN fans are starting to realize just how special she is going to be for UCONN. you can pretty much throw HG's ratings out the window on this one. everyone else had her in their top 10 including BS at 9, PBR at 8, ASGR at 4 and Peach State (before they merged with HG) at 4. it's similar to Hartley in that HG had her at 14, while BS (6), ASGR (4) and Peach State (6) had her much higher. then again, that also holds true for Faris, Dolson, Stokes, Johnson, and Banks...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that list is kinda stunning. Stewart, Jones, Tuck, Deshields, Adams, and sophomore Bianca Cuevas. Deshields is rated #3 by HG so i don't see why they don't have Russell if they needed a kid from 2013. And Cuevas is a 4 star kid from 2014 who is #20 on their list. that's even more mystifying. i wonder if they put up the names on a wall and threw darts at it?

Reaction Score
i realize a couple of us have been on the Morgan bandwagon since day 1, and i think UCONN fans are starting to realize just how special she is going to be for UCONN. you can pretty much throw HG's ratings out the window on this one. everyone else had her in their top 10 including BS at 9, PBR at 8, ASGR at 4 and Peach State (before they merged with HG) at 4. it's similar to Hartley in that HG had her at 14, while BS (6), ASGR (4) and Peach State (6) had her much higher. then again, that also holds true for Faris, Dolson, Stokes, Johnson, and Banks...
Morgan's performances over the weekend at the tournament in Tenn,are exciting to see. She is raising her game,w/o Ariel! 26 against Malina Howard's team and 40 in another game. Both schools played are Nationally Ranked in the top 15,as is Bollingbrook,IL. As to their innial list? Darts are as good a guess as any:rolleyes: Happy to see the list consisted of 2 of our kids coming in 2012,one of our offerred kids in 2013,and Cuevos,who will be moving up in the rankings<2014>and may be a source of future interest. Her team is loaded and close by. The 5th kid attends the school, KLM led to 2 straight National Championships and State Championships. Re: Jefferson she is blowing it up big time in TX I have not heard anything on Reimer,and other 2013 &14 kids.

Reaction Score
that list is kinda stunning. Stewart, Jones, Tuck, Deshields, Adams, and sophomore Bianca Cuevas. Deshields is rated #3 by HG so i don't see why they don't have Russell if they needed a kid from 2013. And Cuevas is a 4 star kid from 2014 who is #20 on their list. that's even more mystifying. i wonder if they put up the names on a wall and threw darts at it?

I've always believed and still do that Diamond Deshields not Russell is the best player in the 2013 class, but thats just my opinion.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan's weekend performances are very reminiscent of Maya's games in Seattle in December of her senior year.

Remember that Morgan was the National HS FOY. I think she is closer to the 3rd best player in her class than the 15th.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Morgan brings exceptional high school experience, poise, leadership, and versatility to an already-stacked UConn lineup. Doesn't matter where she's ranked- she's an impact player who is part of the unprecedented depth UConn is projected to have next year. I'm not sure even the 2001 team, fully healthy, had the kind of depth UConn will have in 2012-13, though obviously the 2001 team was much stronger/more experienced at the top, what with Svet/Shea/D/TASS.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I am a little surprised not to see Kaela Davis or Mercedes Russell on that list. Is anyone else? I am sure there are many things that go into derterming HS POY, but I was sure those two would be on there!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am a little surprised not to see Kaela Davis or Mercedes Russell on that list. Is anyone else? I am sure there are many things that go into derterming HS POW, but I was sure those two would be on there!
yes. the thing that struck me is it's a HG list, and they list davis and russell ahead of deshields. so if that's the case, why is DD on the 'top 6' list and not one of the other two?

Reaction Score
Maybe they take into account how good the school/team is OR the person's sole impact on the team? I don't know the rankings for Davis and Russell's school, so just a random guess. Adams is on the list but not Lloyd, Graves, Jefferson, etc, but then again, Adams plays with Fields. And of course Cuevas is on the list but not Butler.

Reaction Score
no one should be surprised that Morgan Tuck is on there.. I mean she was the national freshman of the year back in 2009

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Did anyone else read the article?

"This isn't about the best player, regardless of circumstance. This isn't about the best college prospects. Being the best in a team sport means, to us, contributing to team success. "

Reaction Score
Moriah Jefferson is home schooled so i doubt she was ever on that list

Reaction Score
yes. the thing that struck me is it's a HG list, and they list davis and russell ahead of deshields. so if that's the case, why is DD on the 'top 6' list and not one of the other two?
They plan on adding other players duing the course of the season. I think they failed to explain what
they were implying? I can come up with a number of different possibilities for how this was done:confused: Having Stewart with a #1 makes you believe they are indicating she is definitely the #1 player in the 2012 and or all classes,the rest I am not sure LOL Talent and international play? A So pg on the preseason
#1 High School Team? ? ? ?

Reaction Score
Interestingly Morgan Tuck is included in the six candidates. The same Morgan Tuck Hoopgurls has ranked at #15. Stewart is ranked as well. I presume their teams' context is why the simply did not choose the top five ranked players. Moriah Jefferson gets no love.
Tuck leads Bolingbrook to victory
UConn signee Morgan Tuck had 26 points as Bolingbrook (Ill.) defeat Twinsburg (Ohio) 50-47 Saturday on day two of the Turkey Jamm in Memphis, Tenn. Former UConn recruiting target Malina Howard, who is headed to Maryland, had 10 for Twinsburg.
The article/list made me think of the Denzel Washington quote "EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I AM A SIX YEAR OLD........."

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just a loud general 'thank you!' to posters who tell us of the high school
exploits of top level kids around the country...especially those with UConn connections in some fashion.
It's just delightful to read of Morgan's feats so far....the win against Twinsburg is especially sweet.

Heads-up: the Nike event in Arizona will have many teams and players to keep an eye on...Dec. 19-22.
I know Breanna will be there and I assume Bolingbrook is in the field. I wonder if there is a link to the entire field or whether it is too early for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom