OT: - High School Player Injury | The Boneyard

OT: High School Player Injury

Reaction Score
I attended the South Dakota Class A Girl's Basketball Tournament in Watertown, SD yesterday. After not seeing any major injuries all season in the games I attended the first 2 games each had a player go down with knee injuries. The player in the first game came back and was walking but didn't play again and had an ice pack on her knee.

The player in the second game was on a Native American team from a SD reservation. I wanted to see if they would win the tournament (which would be an ultra-rare thing). Here is my video of the injury:

Does it look like an ACL injury? She looked to be in a lot of pain. I really felt bad for her.

PS: I had to edit the video to shorten it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW- I called the high school and one of the assistant coaches talked to me. She said that Kaylee told her that she had a Patella Tendon tear and was going to have surgery today.

This girl was one of the most talented players I saw this season. Her team beat our Omaha Nation team and I thought she was about 6'3" the way she played but she's only 5'10" (shades of Gabby?).

Here's to a speedy recovery and rehab. I hope to see her on the court next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom