High school football participation continues downward trend in Connecticut amid concern over head injuries, other factors (Putterman) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

High school football participation continues downward trend in Connecticut amid concern over head injuries, other factors (Putterman)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Glad it worked-out well for your player. CTE studies aside, head injuries are scary shi! and should not be messed around with.

About a decade ago, I picked-up a concussion from that rebound shot (hit me in the temple and knocked me out cold), which was my 3rd in 6 months. Earlier, I took a knee in spring soccer to the head playing keeper (was playing because I had sprained my ankle and could not play my usual midfield role) on loose ball scramble, though I never lost consciousness In between the two soccer incidents, the locking bracket on the basement bulkhead door at my house failed while I was walking-up the steps with my arms full of stuff and got slammed in the head by a 100 lb steel door. Somehow, it did not not crack my skull; but picked-up my second concussion in 3 months and it took 21 stitches to fix my scalp. After the final of my 3 head shots noted above, I lost a week or two of short-term memories, was neasous for about a week after, and had on-and-off raging headaches for a month or two after. After some threatening comments from my fiance (now wife) and a mix of fear, common sense, and self-preservation, I haven't played keeper since.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Two weeks of memories? Man that is scary.

Yeah, my guy was fine too. He just graduated from Harvard. About the nicest kid you'd ever want to meet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, sorry to hear that. Two weeks of memories? Man that is scary.

Yeah, my guy was fine too. He just graduated from Harvard. About the nicest kid you'd ever want to meet.

A few days after my 3rd hit, I foudn a punch of Macy's bags full of dress clothes for me in our apartment. I asked my fiance why she bought me clothes as its something that she does not do (I ask for her fashion inpiut; but, I then do all of the shopping on my own) unless its a special occasion or something. She didn't. Apparently, I had been complaining about my work clothes for a while and went to Macy's in Downtown Crossing to take advantage of the President's weekend sales. After findingt the receipt with my credit card number and signatre on it, I admitted was a bit scared (which in turn made me puke again as I was still fighting nausea).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom