High Quality Basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

High Quality Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love the "UConn won the national championship but they weren't the best school" line of reasoning that has followed virtually all of our NCs. I though a national tournament was how you determine who is the best team. Wanna know who is the best? Check and see who is the last team standing.
unless of course we lose, then it was just a bad match up and the best overall team didn't win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
unless of course we lose, then it was just a bad match up and the best overall team didn't win.
Nah, the national champion is the national champion. We've gotten our share of horrific match ups, Mich St. in Michigan, Duke and UNC in NC and while we moaned about our seeding, I've never seen anyone here claim that the NC was somehow undeserving. If you want to be the best team you've got to win 6 in a row at the end. If you don't do that, well I guess you can claim to have the most talented, or maybe decimated by injury, but that doesn't change the MCBB in March much like in the movie Highlander - there can be only one.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
While I'm excited about the potential NCAA tourney run next year's team seems capable of, I'm most excited for the potential of a season with high quality basketball from beginning to end.

We've obviously had two amazing runs in the last 5 years, but we haven't had a team that was really dominant since the 2008-2009 Final Four season.

So while I hope 2015-2016 ends with another banner being raised in Gampel, I'm most excited about watching UCONN play well for the entire season.
I agree. I am not particularly concerned about the wins and losses during the regular season, but I very much looking forward to see high quality basketball...solid team defense, unselfish play with effective ball movement/outstanding passing etc. This was very much lacking last year!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
While I'm excited about the potential NCAA tourney run next year's team seems capable of, I'm most excited for the potential of a season with high quality basketball from beginning to end.

We've obviously had two amazing runs in the last 5 years, but we haven't had a team that was really dominant since the 2008-2009 Final Four season.

So while I hope 2015-2016 ends with another banner being raised in Gampel, I'm most excited about watching UCONN play well for the entire season.

Well, you could always watch the women and get the best of both sides of this argument every year. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom