High praise from Dookie Jay Bilas | The Boneyard

High praise from Dookie Jay Bilas

Reaction Score
Good article but I always hate when I see factual mistakes. Bilas is quoted as saying - "He's not now where Sanogo was as a senior. He's a sophomore" - when describing Clingan.

Details matter!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's some of the highest praise I've heard about almost any athletic organization ever. It's like he's talking about the '84 Niners or the White Album.
Or the 2001 UConn women's team.

Reaction Score
Good article but I always hate when I see factual mistakes. Bilas is quoted as saying - "He's not now where Sanogo was as a senior. He's a sophomore" - when describing Clingan.

Details matter!!!
Well, sanogo was so polished he seemed like a senior. If you listen in the games he constantly praises UConn. He constantly discusses how great and underrated karaban is. My favorite player and i know rickers as well. We will need reinforcements next year, who have you identified ricker?

Reaction Score

Details matter!!!
What's the factual mistake?

Reaction Score
1702639648087.gif

Reaction Score
Hard to compare Sanogo to Clingan. We had lots of turnovers trying to get the ball to Sanogo and when Sanogo got doubled team, he had a lot of turnovers too. The fewer turnovers are turning into shots for everyone else.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We beat North Carolina and a Dukie praises us. What a surprise!

Reaction Score
Hard to compare Sanogo to Clingan. We had lots of turnovers trying to get the ball to Sanogo and when Sanogo got doubled team, he had a lot of turnovers too. The fewer turnovers are turning into shots for everyone else.
Sanogo got much more efficient at the end of last year -- a lot fewer forced-entry-pass turnovers or the 10-second post-ups that had the Gampel crowd groaning against St. John's and a lot more quick passes for re-posts or assists.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When Sanogo got the ball inside he was nearly automatic. Clingan is still hitnor miss especially against other bigs. UAPB wasn't a real test for him.

I'd like to see him slow down slightly but not too much. His hops aren't there right now and his finishing needs to improve. That's before we get to his woeful foul shooting. You foul him on a dunk and he could very easily miss both. That's a TO. Need to get to at least 65%

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I've been a Bilas fan for a long time. He is well informed and fair to all programs. I don't share the Duke animosity that is prevalent on the Yard. They had our number for a few games but in the two biggest games between us (Natty, Semi) we beat them. Those wins exorcised all my blue demons.

Reaction Score
Sanogo got much more efficient at the end of last year -- a lot fewer forced-entry-pass turnovers or the 10-second post-ups that had the Gampel crowd groaning against St. John's and a lot more quick passes for re-posts or assists.
You are correct. I guess a better way for me to state it would be, that as good as Sanogo was ( and he was good), we saw no drop off when Clingan came in. A little worse on offense , a lot better on defense.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The fact he even compares clingan to sanogo shows that he doesn't really follow uconn games. I don't think I have ever heard any true UConn fan hear attempt that comparison. I don't like Bilas. I thought we left him in Kansas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom