High Energy Basketball | The Boneyard

High Energy Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope we can continue the high energy level we showed last night and that it will give us a major benefit this year for winning difficult games. It looks like we may have a 10-player rotation, which would certainly help, and everyone, with the possible exception of Dolson, looks like they are in very good physical and mental condition.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Not sure why the exception, unless you mean that if they ran laps, Steph would be in last place. However, despite the inability to keep up with the guards in a sprint, I thought she looked great. I was sitting with some visitors from University of New Haven, who were remarking on her ability to move for a big girl.

Which reminds me, I didn't see any back door cuts in the first half, but they ran a few in the second. One was to Dolson. When's the last time you saw a back door cut run for a center? I bet it is rare.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dolson is in amazing shape for a kid like her. She led the fastbreak several times the last two games.

Geno, CD, and the other coaches have remarked regularly on the quality of her conditioning.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Engeln actually showed some stuff last night in the first half. Geno put her in again in the 2nd, thought that was great. Her defense is still very suspect, though. She moves her feet initially and then ends up reaching. Once she let her man go by her and then Stokes had to help and ended up fouling. I think offensively she looks more comfortable, and obviously she can score and pass, but I think her defense is what's holding her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom