Hey, UConn fans | The Boneyard

Hey, UConn fans

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can we, as a group, be less hostile to the non-UConn fans here? This board was set up for them; it isn’t an extension of the UConn women’s board.

While we’re at it - stop insulting the kids in other programs. This isn’t a new pronouncement. It’s been part of the rules here for decades. WE DO NOT TRASH PLAYERS. Period. If you need to trash a teenager to make yourself feel better or to make UConn look better, get some therapy.

On edit: Trashing = passing judgement on a player’s mental state/feelings, non-basketball related actions or comments. Criticizing a player’s basketball play or skills is not trashing.

A blanket apology to our non-UConn friends. Please, feel free to use the Report button at the bottom of an offensive post. (everyone, please don’t Report posts just because you disagree with it. Reporting is for out of bounds posts)

Reaction Score
I could not agree more, there is no need to insult or pass judgement on anyone let alone players or coaches. Some talk about the comments by other fans maybe those people need to look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Can we, as a group, be less hostile to the non-UConn fans here? This board was set up for them; it isn’t an extension of the UConn women’s board.

While we’re at it - stop insulting the kids in other programs. This isn’t a new pronouncement. It’s been part of the rules here for decades. WE DO NOT TRASH PLAYERS. Period. If you need to trash a teenager to make yourself feel better or to make UConn look better, get some therapy.

On edit: Trashing = passing judgement on a player’s mental state/feelings, non-basketball related actions or comments. Criticizing a player’s basketball play or skills is not trashing.

A blanket apology to our non-UConn friends. Please, feel free to use the Report button at the bottom of an offensive post. (everyone, please don’t Report posts just because you disagree with it. Reporting is for out of bounds posts)
I interpret this as allowing hostility to visiting fans on the main UConn board but not here. :rolleyes:

But, I have to say I have not encountered hostility over there. Fervent arguments? Yes, but not hostility.

Reaction Score

Especially the insults towards Charli Collier. She does not control the media hype surrounding her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I interpret this as allowing hostility to visiting fans on the main UConn board but not here. :rolleyes:

But, I have to say I have not encountered hostility over there. Fervent arguments? Yes, but not hostility.
Any fan visiting the forum of another fan base knows what to expect on their board if they aren’t civil. The UConn forum is no exception. The General board on the Boneyard is neutral territory and UConn fans are just another fan base represented here, not the top dogs.

Reaction Score
Any fan visiting the forum of another fan base knows what to expect on their board if they aren’t civil. The UConn forum is no exception. The General board on the Boneyard is neutral territory and UConn fans are just another fan base represented here, not the top dogs.

Huskies are top dogs everywhere. :)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
As opposing fan boards go, this one is quite tame, to be honest. Heck, there are some Gamecock boards I avoid because of the lack of moderation and hostile comments towards our own fans.
I second this.

I used to post on VolNation and yikes.. I used to get my tail handed to me everyday on there haha

CockyTalk wasn't necessarily friendly to opposing fans either, so I get it. It's just hard to see your team/coach get ripped on so much... but I definitely understand it.

I'm glad the General board is a "safe space".. I tend not to post on the UConn WBB board as much, and if I do post there it's almost never about SC unless it's in relation to UConn. I try to keep my post there about UConn.

I love the diversity of the RebKell board, I just wish it had the same level of traffic and enthusiasm as the Boneyard. It also needs a better user interface, but that could just be the millennial in me.

tBY has one of the best UI's of any message board I've ever used. Clean. Fully functioning and easy on the eyes to read.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thanks for bringing this up @HuskyNan

I enjoy this General board because its a great place to have dialogue with other fan bases. Many times they see things from inside their camp that outsiders don't and bring great perspective.

I also want to throw this out there as a point of interest. There are posters on this board that are posing as UCONN fans just to stir stuff up and its quite obvious at times. Disappointing none the less but they do exist.

Final thought is keep the general board as a safe place for all fans of women's basketball to discuss the sport we love.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for bringing this up @HuskyNan

I enjoy this General board because its a great place to have dialogue with other fan bases. Many times they see things from inside their camp that outsiders don't and bring great perspective.

I also want to throw this out there as a point of interest. There are posters on this board that are posing as UCONN fans just to stir stuff up and its quite obvious at times. Disappointing none the less but they do exist.

Final thought is keep the general board as a safe place for all fans of women's basketball to discuss the sport we love.
I will try to stop by more often and police the pretenders. UConn fans (and I love them like wayward children) can be obnoxious all by themselves without trolls making us sound even worse. I do have to say that, overall, I’m proud UConn fans have been so accepting and open to different opinions. It’s just a handful that act up from time to time.

Reaction Score
I will try to stop by more often and police the pretenders. UConn fans (and I love them like wayward children) can be obnoxious all by themselves without trolls making us sound even worse. I do have to say that, overall, I’m proud UConn fans have been so accepting and open to different opinions. It’s just a handful that act up from time to time.
We all have those "fans" Nan. There are folks on the Miss State boards I have put on ignore because of trolling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom