Hey Omar, the season started | The Boneyard

Hey Omar, the season started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This would be a good game for Omar to get going. Playing team ball on offense would be a good start. It's OK to pass once in awhile before you give up your dribble. And staying with your man on D would be fine with me as well. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but the guy is showing more attitude than game right now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This would be a good game for Omar to get going. Playing team ball on offense would be a good start. It's OK to pass once in awhile before you give up your dribble. And staying with your man on D would be fine with me as well. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but the guy is showing more attitude than game right now.
considering it's been 3 games into his first college season, i think hes doing just fine...

Reaction Score
He needs to slow down. Or the game needs to slow down for him.

Either way, he comes comes to the gym looking to get off his shot. He can't wait to pull the trigger. I agree he needs to pass the ball and believe it will return to him in a better place. Once that happens, he will be an important contributor.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Disagree with comment. He is playing tough defense whenever he is in. Like Ben Gordon, he needs to shoot when open. Bazz has taken as many dumb 3 pointers as he has. He is a shooting guard sized kid who we have playing small forward and he's working at it. Kemba really had it down after the 3rd game of his freshman year.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Disagree with comment. He is playing tough defense whenever he is in. Like Ben Gordon, he needs to shoot when open. Bazz has taken as many dumb 3 pointers as he has. He is a shooting guard sized kid who we have playing small forward and he's working at it. Kemba really had it down after the 3rd game of his freshman year.

most guys playing SF in college are Omar's size, I hate to sound like a broken record but JC has really warped a great deal of you guys' mind as to size in the college game. The Gays, Robinsons, Daniels, Smiths are not the norm in college ball.

Reaction Score

Thank god you made a snarky post that made you sound like a huge dick 3 games into his career! I'm sure it's all 20+ point nights from here on out!

Reaction Score
This is why I laugh at PC folks who proclaim Mr. Ledo will be their savior if, and when, he arrives. Just because Ledo has a great film scrimmaging against John Wall in a non pressure/non game scenario doesn't mean this guy is coming in, from the onset, and starring.
Point being, let's not be like PC folk. Let's give Calhoun time to grow. Look at Daniels, the #10 recruit in the nation. He struggled, big time, last year. Now, he's coming on. Let's do the same for Calhoun. My gut tells me he'll come on as the season progresses.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Omar has a long way to go.

I go back to that Findley Prep game where that white kid owned Omar and he shot 4-24 or something like that throwing up brick after brick.

He now will have people in his face every night so it will be interesting to see if he can adjust his game.

Reaction Score

I understand your frustration because we could sure as hell use his offense. He did well in the two exhibitions and then fell on his face vs. Michigan State. There are a ton of excellent reasons for that and his performance since then. But I would remind you of Kevin Ollie's comments after the State game. He described Omar as a wonderful kid who is very coachable(?sp.) and who works very hard. He has challenged him to build his game on his defense; and to be patient with the rest. He's a freshman regardless of the so-called big games he's played in high school and his glossy high school stats. This, as you know well, is a big change in terms of the level of competition on the court, the size of the crowds, the level of fan expectation and the media glare(especially from The Horde). I think we need to back off. His game will come. There is no doubt about that.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE BOBCATS!!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Someone has an attitude problem today and it ain't Omar.

caw

Reaction Score

Completely agree, for a freshman, he is playing solid defense. He does seem to be rushing things, but I think he'll settle in. One perfect example was in the first half of the last game. He had a great layup then steal but rushed the second layup. I don't think he's even taking many bad shots, just not hitting any right now and rushing them a bit. He slows it down just a bit, he'll be fine if not great.

Reaction Score
Damn the expectations on this freshman. Can't people just be happy he decided to keep his commitment, and leave him alone?

Reaction Score
This is why I laugh at PC folks who proclaim Mr. Ledo will be their savior if, and when, he arrives. Just because Ledo has a great film scrimmaging against John Wall in a non pressure/non game scenario doesn't mean this guy is coming in, from the onset, and starring.
Point being, let's not be like PC folk. Let's give Calhoun time to grow. Look at Daniels, the #10 recruit in the nation. He struggled, big time, last year. Now, he's coming on. Let's do the same for Calhoun. My gut tells me he'll come on as the season progresses.

No one's basing it on one situation. It's based on his body of work and ability to dominate at the highest level. Ask anyone who was at the Tilton game last year. RL is the real deal.

caw

Reaction Score
No one's basing it on one situation. It's based on his body of work and ability to dominate at the highest level. Ask anyone who was at the Tilton game last year. RL is the real deal.

Highest level of high school means exactly zero in college. Coleman dominated at Tilton how did that work out for PC?

Here are the freshman SG's ranked higher than Ledo (per ESPN) and their current stats. Goodwin and Purvis are doing well but aren't the man. The other three are just decent so far.

Smart: 14, 8, 4, 2.7 on 33% and 13%
Harris: 15, 2, 1, 1 on 44% and 20%
Sulaimon: 8, 5, 5 on 26% and 50%
Goodwin: 15, 4, 3, on 46% and 67%
Purvis: 12, 2, 2 on 52% and 80%

Not saying Ledo isn't a very good talent, but claiming he would be some kind of savior without seeing him play a single college game is not realistic.

Reaction Score
Ledo is flat out the best scorer from the 2012 class. Ledo did't drop in rankings because of his talent level...
I've heard a scout say that Ledo would have lead the BE in scoring this year if he were eligible...Would that have been the case? Who knows, but the kid certainly has the ability to get bigtime buckets at the college level right now.

Reaction Score
RL didn't play at Tilton Einstein; he lit them up in the second half. Scored 15 straight points on a team with Noel, Naing and Selden.
Ledo is forcasted as a top 20 NBA pick if he doesn't play a minute this year. 6 ft 6 2 guards don't grow on trees.

caw

Reaction Score
RL didn't play at Tilton Einstein; he lit them up in the second half. Scored 15 straight points on a team with Noel, Naing and Selden.
Ledo is forcasted as a top 20 NBA pick if he doesn't play a minute this year. 6 ft 6 2 guards don't grow on trees.

I am well aware of where RL played, well as much as one can keep track of his moves. I didn't say he played at Tilton. I said Coleman dominated at Tilton. The point being Coleman also dominated at the highest levels of high school ball, how happy were PC fans with his production the past two years? Perhaps you should learn to read before you comment on others, Einstein.

Ledo will likely be a NBA pick regardless of if he plays, it doesn't mean he will dominate in college, all it shows is that people think he has the talent to eventually do well in the NBA. It's called potential, and a large reason why players are drafted in the NBA. Ledo has the potential, he hasn't realized it yet, or shown it at the college level yet. He might (if he ever plays a game because of his potential), but to expect him to do so, is really unrealistic.

Reaction Score
Not saying Ledo isn't the real deal, just give the guy time. The BE ain't easy for any 1st year player.

Reaction Score

You kids get off my lawn!

What a bizarre post. What attitude?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
We serious with this thread? The kid honored his commitment after knowing he wouldn't be able to play in a post-season game.

He's a great kid and a class act, yet people are questioning his attitude?

He's a freshman!!! Yeah, he played really well in exhibitions so he's probably looking for his shot more than he should. He'll learn. No need to call out this kid tho. Simply ridiculous.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb looked like the next coming in his 2nd or third game his freshman year, then his ppg avg dropped in half for the next 10 games. When it returned, we won a national championship.

Reaction Score
I am well aware of where RL played, well as much as one can keep track of his moves. I didn't say he played at Tilton. I said Coleman dominated at Tilton. The point being Coleman also dominated at the highest levels of high school ball, how happy were PC fans with his production the past two years? Perhaps you should learn to read before you comment on others, Einstein.

Ledo will likely be a NBA pick regardless of if he plays, it doesn't mean he will dominate in college, all it shows is that people think he has the talent to eventually do well in the NBA. It's called potential, and a large reason why players are drafted in the NBA. Ledo has the potential, he hasn't realized it yet, or shown it at the college level yet. He might (if he ever plays a game because of his potential), but to expect him to do so, is really unrealistic.

If you think Coleman's output at Tilton is on par with RL; keep doing you, bro.

caw

Reaction Score
If you think Coleman's output at Tilton is on par with RL; keep doing you, bro.

Reading comprehension is not your forte is it...I got that after the first time you misread my post. You are just digging deeper, maybe you will eventually get it right. I doubt it, so I recommend just admitting you misread the first post and going home with your tail between your legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom