HEY KO and STAFF - WE NEED BIGS | The Boneyard

HEY KO and STAFF - WE NEED BIGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Houston, SMU - both have bigs that in comparative to ours look like All Americans and they are not even starters on many teams. Instead of drooling over every guard that sniffs at UCONN why not pick up some big bodies. This team is becoming painful to watch. I bleed blue but now I'm crying the blues.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Houston, SMU - both have bigs that in comparative to ours look like All Americans and they are not even starters on many teams. Instead of drooling over every guard that sniffs at UCONN why not pick up some big bodies. This team is becoming painful to watch. I bleed blue but now I'm crying the blues.

Stop with the all caps.

Reaction Score
We seemed to have an adequate one, certainly better than anyone we currently have, and he was kicked off the team for dubious reasons.

That has turned out to be a catastrophic decision by the staff.

Reaction Score
Lubin will provide needed muscle but we desperately need another big for next year. There has been zero improvement with Nolan, Brimah and Facey. We are stuck with this garbage frontline for next year, can't afford to have another crummy frontline next year.

Reaction Score
Lubin will provide needed muscle but we desperately need another big for next year. There has been zero improvement with Nolan, Brimah and Facey. We are stuck with this garbage frontline for next year, can't afford to have another crummy frontline next year.
Amen. This front court is an absolute joke, the only thing the staff should be concentrating on right now for next year is a strong big who can contribute right away. I also think for the long term, KO is going to need to commit to Brimah the rest of the way, the kid needs minutes to develop.

Reaction Score
We continue to be bullied and out worked. I can not remember a UCONN team that has more rebounds bounce off or stripped from their hands.

Reaction Score
We continue to be bullied and out worked. I can not remember a UCONN team that has more rebounds bounce off or stripped from their hands.
I said this exact same thing when watching the Houston game. Its like our bigs are playing hot potato or something. I really dont get it

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
First we need a big coach, it is all guards on the staff right now.
I was hoping Freeman would teach rebounding technique given he was a tremendous rebounder for an undersized forward (6'5")

Lubin will be a freshman so I wouldn't expect much. I hope he doesn't fit the normal freshman mold. Nolan I had hopes for given his play at the end of last year, but he seems to have regressed. Where's that summer at the Pete Newell Big Man Camp when you need it?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I guess some of you missed recruiting over the summer and who KO targeted more than any other player this recruiting period. His major focus was on Abu who is exactly the type of big that could help the team. But I won't make a BIG deal about this because that would deprive a lot of complaining.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Freeman would teach rebounding technique given he was a tremendous rebounder for an undersized forward (6'5")

I may be wrong, but as director of operations I think KF is very limited in the actual coaching he can do.

Reaction Score
Yes our bigs stink. But it's not like our guards and wings light it up every game. The guards (boat specically) never guard anybody. The wings don't rebound. Bazz has one good half a game. Boat is always inconsistent and even when he plays well always makes two or three really bad plays a game. Omar hasn't hit a shot all year. In fact boat and Omar have to both be shooting under 40% on the year (total guess). Niels and kromah will have one good game apiece out of about every five. So yes we are limited down low, and our guards do have to carry ybe load, but it's not like our guards play flawlessly and our bigs just kill us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but as director of operations I think KF is very limited in the actual coaching he can do.

You are not wrong. Can't recruit. Can't be on the floor during practice. Limited (if any) instruction.

Reaction Score
With all due respect lets not start him on the high expectation path.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
With all due respect lets not start him on the high expectation path.
Have to agree there. I only watched some highlights and one full game but although he is clearly a strong guy, he also struggles to get up and down the court and plays below the rim, so may not be that big a contributor as a freshman. Also looks to be more like 6'6"-6'7" than 6'8" +

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought that as I wrote it, but I couldn't recall everybody's titles. Thanks for adding some facts to that.

Reaction Score
Our starting PF plays for UNLV and our starting center plays in Germany. The two kids brought in to fill the void probably would be redshirting under normal
Circumstances. I have accepted this and it actually eases the pain.

The most right on observance of the situation that we have now. People seem to forget that the NCAA put a large crimp in our recruitment for this year and we lost a lot because of the sanctions placed on us.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The most right on observance of the situation that we have now. People seem to forget that the NCAA put a large crimp in our recruitment for this year and we lost a lot because of the sanctions placed on us.

This is a transitional season. As much as we want to go to the final 4 , this team
Doesn't have bigs. Next season things should balance out.

Reaction Score
Ok super j we're going to play the "what if" game. Close your eyes and remove Tyler Olandef(one of JC's few mistakes...never wAs,never will be a high D-1 recruit). In his place there has been a major change of heart and Andre is still a Husky. Instead of getting a serious look for the NBA East All-Star team, he is still wearing "the national flag blue and white. :) Is there any doubt that we are the Number 1 team in the country? KO just doesn't need a big, he needs a big who has a significant impact in year one and stays at least 3 years. What we have now(and IMO Olander gets mop up minutes at most) "might" impact play next year but there is nothing in Brimah's and Nolan's play to date to provide any insurance that the front court will be significantly more reliable.

ay sup

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ok super j we're going to play the "what if" game. Close your eyes and remove Tyler Olandef(one of JC's few mistakes...never wAs,never will be a high D-1 recruit). In his place there has been a major change of heart and Andre is still a Husky. Instead of getting a serious look for the NBA East All-Star team, he is still wearing "the national flag blue and white. :) Is there any doubt that we are the Number 1 team in the country? KO just doesn't need a big, he needs a big who has a significant impact in year one and stays at least 3 years. What we have now(and IMO Olander gets mop up minutes at most) "might" impact play next year but there is nothing in Brimah's and Nolan's play to date to provide any insurance that the front court will be significantly more reliable.

We had a bunch of these over the years, especially recent history. I don't even remember all their names. This, in part, lead to our APR issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom