Hey it's not all AB | The Boneyard

Hey it's not all AB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Truth is everyone had a hand in this one:

Sterling - Played alright especially early. Like others seemed to come out ready and somehow the subs tamed some of our starters. But even after that he threw a couple ill advised passes in both halves needs to be someone we know will take care of the ball.

DHam - I mean how much can you get on this guy? Great numbers, big shots and plays to keep us in the game but again don't throw it up if you have the shot. Please finish it yourself more often. Teams are sitting back a little and getting more physical with the lob and we can't finish if physical. But the kid id playing his heart out.

Rodney - Some WTF moments, gets to the rack and has a little floater or runner and throws a pass back out? Shoot the ball. Made some big 3's to give us a chance but needs to be in control. I do like his aggressiveness though when we get stuck throwing it around the top someone needs to take it to the hole. But he didn't finish 2 lay ins and instead we came up pretty empty when he went to the FT line. Has to make those.

Shonn - He got 2 fouls again early that were touch fouls and just plain awful calls. Left him a bit less aggressive on both ends and that hurts. Needs to rebound the ball better as he can and also had a chance to finish a couple lay ins and either didn't ball fake or didn't finish strong. Need more consistency out of him.

Amida - see other threads

Jalen - needs to be Jalen, play the game the way you know how. He made 2 or 3 great moves to the paint and missed shots he will need to make. I expect him to become much more dependable soon. For now, thank God we did get Sterling to give him time.

Kentan - Man he's a whole new guy on the offensive boards, hangs out down low doesn't drift so he's always in the mix for put backs which he's been doing. Can't throw it to him where he needs to put it on the floor or pass it, can't do it. But I blame the passers for that anyway. Defense he's lost way too much.

Omar - He got killed by Ogubjino on D but made a couple 3's we needed and that's him.

Sam - not much chance today, can't defend these shooters got caught going behind a pick and his guy drilled a 3. He and Omar will need to make shots to play and certain match ups will provide more PT opportunity than others.

KO - 1st half, 1st substitution 'Nuff said

All in all a pretty bad overall performance. 8 TO's at halftime were not forced by the Orange's 2-3 at all but instead by very bad choices by experienced players. That needs to stop. Transition defense needs to be a priority and people need to find the shooters. Please box out and get rebounds, this was team that should not get more rebounds and to allow a guy like Lydon to want that ball more than you is just plain awful and not acceptable.

Next is Gonzaga, I'm scared of this one. Let's see what they're made of.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get the feeling this is what it will be like all season after a loss. Brimah is obviously in the dog house and I just think that fans will always point to him like he could have done more.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling this is what it will be like all season after a loss. Brimah is obviously in the dog house and I just think that fans will always point to him like he could have done more.

But so are the coaches evidently.

Reaction Score
Im not making excuses for him or anything because trust me, he can be very frustrating to watch at times. I made a post in one of the Brimah threads right before the season started. I said that he can really be the "X Factor" on this years team if he made improvements in his rebounding and defense. Tomorrow will be another tough test for Brimah since Gonzaga has some big boys in the post.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Early loss. We can learn from it. If we scored 4 more points are we a whole lot better team? I don't think so. We showed we could break a zone, now we have to show we can break a good zone.
We finally adjusted but they improved too.. Hate to say it, but they are a good team.

C

Chief00

We better learn to shoot foul shots this year, it's now an even larger part of the game. Rodney's poor performance from the line is inexcusable for a "scoring guard", quite frankly!

Reaction Score
Bench came in in the first half and killed the momentum. Brimah's offensive goaltending just killed Purvis possible start to being confident driving. Miller didn't play tough down low. Adams isn't better than Boat as a freshman at this point.

Reaction Score
Rodney's poor performance from the line is inexcusable for a "scoring guard", quite frankly!
We'll all be so much happier as a fan base if we just accept that he is a fifty percent shooter from the line and that's not going to change.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We'll all be so much happier as a fan base if we just accept that he is a fifty percent shooter from the line and that's not going to change.
That's unacceptable for a shooting guard. Totally eliminates him as an option in late game situations.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's actually not the players fault, it's my fault. Watching games at my in laws house is the worst mojo imagined. I have managed to avoid it for 9 years as the last time I watched a game there was George Mason. There had been other painful losses there before that but George Mason was the straw that broke the huskies back. On that day I vowed to never ever do it again. Yesterday out of necessity I broke that vow. The results were sadly predictable.

I sincerely apologize to UConn country.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's actually not the players fault, it's my fault. Watching games at my in laws house is the worst mojo imagined. I have managed to avoid it for 9 years as the last time I watched a game there was George Mason. There had been other painful losses there before that but George Mason was the straw that broke the huskies back. On that day I vowed to never ever do it again. Yesterday out of necessity I broke that vow. The results were sadly predictable.

I sincerely apologize to UConn country.

I knew it was something!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If Brimah missed one less dunk and Purvis missed 2 less free-throws, we win and these boards are sooo different.
We lost a tight game to a pretty good team. It doesn't mean we suck. If we won. it wouldn't mean we are bound for the final four.
Emotionally, it hit me hard at first because we coulda/shoulda won (plus it's Cuse). But rationally, NBD.

Reaction Score
If Brimah missed one less dunk and Purvis missed 2 less free-throws, we win and these boards are sooo different.
We lost a tight game to a pretty good team. It doesn't mean we suck. If we won. it wouldn't mean we are bound for the final four.
Emotionally, it hit me hard at first because we coulda/shoulda won (plus it's Cuse). But rationally, NBD.

It's a bigger deal leaving the island at 1-2. We'll see.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

This is pretty much what it is. We didn't play well, but give Syracuse some credit, they're a pretty good team. That kid Lydon is a really good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom