Hey! I thought there was going to be a game today? | The Boneyard

Hey! I thought there was going to be a game today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I turned into ESPNU expecting to watch a game between #1 Stanford and #2 UConn. That wasn't much of a game - from a nail-biting, edge of your seat perspective. My pulse rate never even went over the century mark. I was expecting to sweat through the game from tip to final buzzer. What a disappointment ;):D

Is UConn that much better than Stanford? Did Stanford just have a horribly off game? A little of both?

I guess Geno was right. This team has a chance to have a very special year. If any one questioned his thoughts about that, question no more. This UConn team is very, very good.

Reaction Score
It was a nail biter for the first 2 minutes or so.
Yeah, and now I need a manicure because one nail is shorter than the rest. I need the tight games to bite my nails down evenly. Maybe ND will help me keep my nails in check.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was really upset....for two minutes...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, and now I need a manicure because one nail is shorter than the rest. I need the tight games to bite my nails down evenly. Maybe ND will help me keep my nails in check.
Oh, don't even think about that. The ND games of the past 2 seasons would be enough to gnaw your finger nails down to the elbow. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kelly held Tinkle to 2 points and covered Tinkle so close that when she went to the restroom she didn't even have room to ... errrr ..... well, you now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's true Tinkle never got in the flow of the game.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
With CO playing like she was, Stanford needed Tinkle to be a big star...unfortunately, Tinkle was a little star.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Other than the very first bucket, when Kelly got caught peeking for the ball, Tinkle was essentially eliminated in this game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
How soon we forget. The game was tied at 5-5 through the first almost 5 and a half minutes when the teams were both averaging a 37-37 regulation score and going into an eventual OT which would be won by a single FT. Hard to believe from that miserably inoffensive start that Stanford's scoring pace actually went down a little.

Or you could say that the rest of the game was cancelled due to fierce blowout conditions.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Other than the very first bucket, when Kelly got caught peeking for the ball, Tinkle was essentially eliminated in this game.
Exactly. Nobody had even really settled in to their defensive assignments and the game flow or the offense that Stanford was set up in when Tinkle broke as Kelly had her head turned. It must have really ticked Kelly off because Tinkle was never heard from again scoring ZERO (0) additional points. Word is that Tinkle has been resettled in a witness protection program somewhere in Louisianna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom