Hey Guys | The Boneyard

Hey Guys

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Man, I'm so glad I don't have to watch this team & program again this season. The end of this season is like a mercy-killing!

Doesn't seem like there is much optimism here for UConn Football becoming a winning program in the near future.

NIL money is the key - and we don't & won't have enough of it. And so, no stud players with talent, speed AND DESIRE either.

The only returning coach from this year's staff should be Jim Mora. And he gets one year to build a winner.

Benedict? Out!. Why? If Football is the straw that stirs the drink of UConn sports, when was the last time we had a winning record? He's Out!

Bring some Div 1 speed & size to Storrs at every position. The talent difference was embarassing this year. This decade!

Let's get a real, stud leader QB who can throw accurately & run for first downs. When was the last time UConn had an elite QB, or a greyhound WR? Watching a guy like Nix or Milroe outhink or outrun the other team makes me so jealous of having a great quarterback. How bout you? TR??? Sheesh!

Find some league, any league to become a part of! Independence sucks & doesn't work if you're not named Nortre Dame!

With all these insurmountable challenges & the killer pressures of NIL, UConn Football should, IMO, look - once again - at returning to FCS.

You guys want a perennial winning program? Want games that mean something to the fans? Want some regional rivalries besides a Sacred Heart, Sheesh! That was no accomplishment for UConn. Games like that set back the program & image of the university?

FCS is what UConn Football has 'evolved' to. You gotta know & accept who you are in DIV I sports, especially with NIL & money in control now. UConn Football cannot compete with even mediocre FBS programs. Think about it.

I hated this season, the players & the coaches, & this insane money-straightjacket approach to FBS college sports.

UConn cannot compete in Football in FBS. Wins will be harder & harder to come by, except over at Gampel. Think about how you feel when you come out of a UConn basketball game, or season. The pride?

Let's push for a return to FCS afiliation & conversation, so that a winning program - and smiles - can return to Storrs on Saturday afternoons.

Father Demo

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Man, I'm so glad I don't have to watch this team & program again this season. The end of this season is like a mercy-killing!

Doesn't seem like there is much optimism here for UConn Football becoming a winning program in the near future.

NIL money is the key - and we don't & won't have enough of it. And so, no stud players with talent, speed AND DESIRE either.

The only returning coach from this year's staff should be Jim Mora. And he gets one year to build a winner.

Benedict? Out!. Why? If Football is the straw that stirs the drink of UConn sports, when was the last time we had a winning record? He's Out!

Bring some Div 1 speed & size to Storrs at every position. The talent difference was embarassing this year. This decade!

Let's get a real, stud leader QB who can throw accurately & run for first downs. When was the last time UConn had an elite QB, or a greyhound WR? Watching a guy like Nix or Milroe outhink or outrun the other team makes me so jealous of having a great quarterback. How bout you? TR??? Sheesh!

Find some league, any league to become a part of! Independence sucks & doesn't work if you're not named Nortre Dame!

With all these insurmountable challenges & the killer pressures of NIL, UConn Football should, IMO, look - once again - at returning to FCS.

You guys want a perennial winning program? Want games that mean something to the fans? Want some regional rivalries besides a Sacred Heart, Sheesh! That was no accomplishment for UConn. Games like that set back the program & image of the university?

FCS is what UConn Football has 'evolved' to. You gotta know & accept who you are in DIV I sports, especially with NIL & money in control now. UConn Football cannot compete with even mediocre FBS programs. Think about it.

I hated this season, the players & the coaches, & this insane money-straightjacket approach to FBS college sports.

UConn cannot compete in Football in FBS. Wins will be harder & harder to come by, except over at Gampel. Think about how you feel when you come out of a UConn basketball game, or season. The pride?

Let's push for a return to FCS afiliation & conversation, so that a winning program - and smiles - can return to Storrs on Saturday afternoons.

Father Demo

FCS no.

Get lost. Go support Bryant or CCSU.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Father Demo
Wow! Have you emailed the President and the BOT with this epiphany?

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Father Demo
I heard that same crap about the basketball program before Jim Calhoun came to Storrs! It’s a good thing that UConn didn’t listen to all those negative people!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You beat me to it Patman!!

But once again, Thank you for your interest in UConn football.

Reaction Score
Austin Powers No GIF

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Man, I'm so glad I don't have to watch this team & program again this season. The end of this season is like a mercy-killing! Simple solution, don’t watch.

Doesn't seem like there is much optimism here for UConn Football becoming a winning program in the near future. It depends. Does Mora make some good hires and grab some promising players out of the portal? If yes then optimism will rise.

NIL money is the key - and we don't & won't have enough of it. And so, no stud players with talent, speed AND DESIRE either. True that UConn Football will struggle with NIL. Still you don’t need a roster of 5 stars to win against a G5 Schedule. Make a few good additions and hit on an OC and you will be in most every game save 2-3.

The only returning coach from this year's staff should be Jim Mora. And he gets one year to build a winner. I’m not familiar enough with your assistants to make that determination, but it would be almost unheard of not to retain a few of them.

Benedict? Out!. Why? If Football is the straw that stirs the drink of UConn sports, when was the last time we had a winning record? He's Out! Eh. End of the day UConn is a basketball school. It needs to be top tier in basketball and non embarrassing in football to satisfy the majority of your fans. He’s done the former, needs to improve at the latter.

Bring some Div 1 speed & size to Storrs at every position. The talent difference was embarassing this year. This decade! You claim that there is no NIL and no hope of fixing this. Where is this speed and size coming from?

Let's get a real, stud leader QB who can throw accurately & run for first downs. When was the last time UConn had an elite QB, or a greyhound WR? Watching a guy like Nix or Milroe outhink or outrun the other team makes me so jealous of having a great quarterback. How bout you? TR??? Sheesh! Again what stud leader QB who can throw accurately and run for first downs is coming here? UConn has three options. Take a lower level overachiever trying to move up. Grab a former starter who has either been injured or broken in some way looking to reclaim their career, or take a mostly untested G5 or P5 backup.

Find some league, any league to become a part of! Independence sucks & doesn't work if you're not named Nortre Dame! I somewhat agree that a league would give the team something to focus on, but I also never thought Benedict would land P5 home and homes either.

With all these insurmountable challenges & the killer pressures of NIL, UConn Football should, IMO, look - once again - at returning to FCS. Why? What benefit is there in that plan? You would still have 65+ scholarships to pay for but be playing at a level of football that would recoup nothing in return. TV would be gone, recruiting would be nonexistent, as would support. You might host games in The Rent with more players on the sidelines than fans in the stands.

You guys want a perennial winning program? Want games that mean something to the fans? Want some regional rivalries besides a Sacred Heart, Sheesh! That was no accomplishment for UConn. Games like that set back the program & image of the university?If games like Sacred Heart set back the program and image of the university, what would an entire schedule of these games do?

FCS is what UConn Football has 'evolved' to. You gotta know & accept who you are in DIV I sports, especially with NIL & money in control now. UConn Football cannot compete with even mediocre FBS programs. Think about it. That’s BS. UConn can be competitive at the G5 to low P5 Level. Last week perennial Bottom 10 Program NMSU beat Auburn on the plains. UConn should be able to field a team that could compete and beat FIU or GSU.

I hated this season, the players & the coaches, & this insane money-straightjacket approach to FBS college sports. Nobody likes losing especially when the product is not entertaining, however you can choose not to watch.

UConn cannot compete in Football in FBS. Wins will be harder & harder to come by, except over at Gampel. Think about how you feel when you come out of a UConn basketball game, or season. The pride? UConn can and has competed in FBS. The idea that they can’t is either agenda driven or simply loser talk.

Let's push for a return to FCS afiliation & conversation, so that a winning program - and smiles - can return to Storrs on Saturday afternoons. What if you go back to FCS and don’t win? Then what? Petition your AD to go Division 2? I’d rather try to rise to the level of the best competition than shrink from the challenge by going somewhere that I could be mediocre but comfortable.

Father Demo

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

FCS is what UConn Football has 'evolved' to. You gotta know & accept who you are in DIV I sports, especially rhawith NIL & money in control now. UConn Football cannot compete with even mediocre FBS programs. Think about it.

Father Demo
Thank you for your interest in Uconn Big Time athletics.

Reaction Score
I heard that same crap about the basketball program before Jim Calhoun came to Storrs! It’s a good thing that UConn didn’t listen to all those negative people!
Yes I remember that the Chicken Littles said that the sky would fall if UCONN went to Division 1. Then from the sky came a lightning bolt and the miracle season happened. That was the beginning when the announcers thought that the UCONN campus was in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Just a couple ...Just who forced you to watch this team this year? You have been here for a short time in the history of the program and decide on dropping down a division???
Would love to read about your football prowess and knowledge just for kicks. Your post exudes of arm chair quarterback syndrome. I'll let you look it up.

It is beyond drug induced silly drunken thinking that anyone would think football is what stirs the drink for Uconn. There are a record number of basketball championships that speak for the school. The men just won another and you want Benedict's head.
Yes we all want the football program to improve but most understand what we as fans, Mora as a coach, Benedict as an AD are up against.
As an independent it is a uphill battle, again I will let you do the homework for understanding.
I wish you luck and a tad more knowledge of UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Father Demo
Sheesh! You went from providing all the answers to going FCS…

Maybe stick to the BB board.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Father Demo
piss off

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
What the hell kind of driver is this? Supporting a move backwards to FCS is a death knell for our other cherished programs. Can't be so myopic or naive to think that lesser (ie, non-FBS) competition would translate into more overall success. Need football to do well in FBS to sustain BB before the great schism occurs!

Reaction Score
What the hell kind of driver is this? Supporting a move backwards to FCS is a death knell for our other cherished programs. Can't be so myopic or naive to think that lesser (ie, non-FBS) competition would translate into more overall success. Need football to do well in FBS to sustain BB before the great schism occurs!
Anyone with half a brain knows this, including Mr Troll. So going 3-9, isn’t so bad, especially when it’s true that 2 or 3 of those losses should have been W’s. What Mora needs going forward is the support of the BOT, the AD, Geno and Dan, and most of all wealthy donors, and lots of not so wealthy donors. Let’s not forget NIL and it’s sponsors, and how much easier it could make Mora’s job.

Reaction Score
The OP appears to be deeply delusional (fire the AD) with an inferiority complex bordering on a death wish (demote ourselves to FCS). That’s a bad combination for which any form of rational pushback would be a futile waste of time.
As for NIL, we are not incapable of raising an adequate amount to be competitive for talent. One aspect of that effort may require HCMora to be something he says he’s not—a fundraiser. That $1.5M NIL minimum? To the right billionaire benefactor it’s nothing more than a rounding error. The charm campaign should be in high gear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom