Hey do you guys remember last years BSPN`s post game show? | The Boneyard

Hey do you guys remember last years BSPN`s post game show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When they went on and on for an hour about how Uk lost to Uconn and not how Uconn beat UK? How they went on and on about how incredible it was that Squid could take a bunch of freshmen to the national title game and never mentioned how Ollie in his first ever tournament won the national title after replacing a legendary coach? How about the gem by Bilas when he said "Just because Uconn won the title doesnt mean theyre the best team". Man i love BSPN.

Reaction Score
When they went on and on for an hour about how Uk lost to Uconn and not how Uconn beat UK? How they went on and on about how incredible it was that Squid could take a bunch of freshmen to the national title game and never mentioned how Ollie in his first ever tournament won the national title after replacing a legendary coach? How about the gem by Bilas when he said "Just because Uconn won the title doesnt mean theyre the best team". Man i love BSPN.

To be fair, after the women took care of business, Bilas had a 3-minute segment declaring Storrs, CT the capital of the college basketball world.

The fact is, we're not an ESPN brand the way dook and UK are.

Reaction Score
No, I just remember winning. That's enough for me.

Bilas is the most objective person they put on TV. If he said we weren't the best team I don't doubt he was just giving his honest opinion. We got blown out by Louisville twice to end the season, and didn't look anything like the best team entering the tournament.

Reaction Score
Pundits have said that before on various sporting events saying best team didn't win don't matter , team that wins matter.Talk is cheap.

Reaction Score
In 2014 the regular season losses were building blocks to a team that became unbeatable. When people look back at 2011 and 2014 they shouldn't talk about "lucky streaks". They should talk about building a team up all year to win a sudden death tourney and doing a masterful job of it as our coaches did. The best teams won the tourney, they just weren't the best teams before the tourney started. In both cases, our guys locked everyone up and suffocated them.

Reaction Score
No, I just remember winning. That's enough for me.

Bilas is the most objective person they put on TV. If he said we weren't the best team I don't doubt he was just giving his honest opinion. We got blown out by Louisville twice to end the season, and didn't look anything like the best team entering the tournament.

The OP didn't finish the quote.. what Bilas really said was "they might not be the best team in the tournament but they were definitely the TOUGHEST team in the tournament".

Reaction Score
The solution is simple...............stop watching ESPN. We get it...............for some reason, they don't like UConn.

Reaction Score

Do I remember it the way you do? Not really, I don't attribute every moment of non-UConn talk to hatred of UConn, which seems to be the default on this board for some people.

Reaction Score
Selective memory :rolleyes:

That all was mentioned plenty about KO. And this is also what Jay Bilas had to say about UConn after last year:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Do I remember it the way you do? Not really, I don't attribute every moment of non-UConn talk to hatred of UConn, which seems to be the default on this board for some people.

Last year everyone was all cued up to talk about how great Kentucky was... after we beat them... they just went to their default and talked about Kentucky. They literally were not prepared for UConn to win. I don't think it's necessarily UConn hatred... ESPN just drinks their own cool-aid... and UConn is one of the few programs that screws with their narrative. Over and over again. Personally I love it. :D

Reaction Score
Last year everyone was all cued up to talk about how great Kentucky was... after we beat them... they just went to their default and talked about Kentucky. They literally were not prepared for UConn to win. I don't think it's necessarily UConn hatred... ESPN just drinks their own cool-aid... and UConn is one of the few programs that screws with their narrative. Over and over again. Personally I love it. :D

Except that none of that is true, and there's a video in the post before yours proving it. You guys are the whiniest people I've ever encountered.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Except that none of that is true, and there's a video in the post before yours proving it. You guys are the whiniest people I've ever encountered.

You're 3 minutes and 26 seconds of video doesn't discount anything. :rolleyes:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yep ESPN, Connecticut's good corporate neighbor. They don't help UConn one bit.

So by virtue of being an in-state company they should be required to give UCONN special favors? Should Sikorsky build KO a personal helicopter to take on recruiting trips because they need to be a "good corporate neighbor"?

Reaction Score
IMind said:
You're 3 minutes and 26 seconds of video doesn't discount anything. :rolleyes:

Do you guys have any sense of how ridiculous you sound constantly pushing this anti-UConn narrative with the media? "They were literally unprepared to talk about UConn." Good lord I can't believe an adult actually believes this.

There was absolutely fawning coverage of the team and its coach last year.

Reaction Score
Do you guys have any sense of how ridiculous you sound constantly pushing this anti-UConn narrative with the media? "They were literally unprepared to talk about UConn." Good lord I can't believe an adult actually believes this.

There was absolutely fawning coverage of the team and its coach last year.
Not to mention the constant coverage and love during the KO to NBA speculation.

Reaction Score
Yes and I loved every minute of it. Their tears were delicious. Let's say we were duke last night Espin would be talking about Wisconsin melting down, the missed easy shots, calls in our favor, etc etc.

Reaction Score

Which Bilas followed up by saying about Dook last night "look it may have not been their best team, but THEY WON THE TITLE".

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So by virtue of being an in-state company they should be required to give UCONN special favors? Should Sikorsky build KO a personal helicopter to take on recruiting trips because they need to be a "good corporate neighbor"?

I like that idea.

Reaction Score

Not sure if you've been around long enough to notice, but that's his M.O. ESPN should be doing everything they can to help UConn just because they are a "corporate neighbor". If you want some valuable insight into college football, put some popcorn in the microwave, grab a beer, and ask him about the forward pass.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that ESPN owed the state of Connecticut some favor in its influence considering all of the tax breaks they're enjoying. If ESPN had wanted to help UConn, they could have.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Total disrespect saying a 7 seed that won the tourney may not have been the best overall team!

Reaction Score
Total disrespect saying a 7 seed that won the tourney may not have been the best overall team!

People even get upset when kenpom's efficiency stats don't put us #1 when we win a championship, regardless of how efficient we were throughout the season...

Reaction Score

Not talking about building anything. But the giant of Sports Television should have tossed its considerable weight around and gotten UConn a seat at the table of one of the P5 conferences. That would have been being a good corporate neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom