Hey Coach D, why aren't you quoted in some articles? | The Boneyard

Hey Coach D, why aren't you quoted in some articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-five-step-offensive-line-rebuilding-guide/

Some coaches in this area have the ability to get themselves in really good articles that sell their philosophy without being in a recruits face.

This is also a pretty good read by itself and considering how Uconn's O Line has been in recent history, it could give people some things to look for to gauge its improvement this year.

I think I would rather have him focus on winning some games first.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm just still suprised he's not on Twitter!?

Reaction Score
Maybe he's taking some family time before the clinics and preseason practices start?

Reaction Score
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-five-step-offensive-line-rebuilding-guide/

Some coaches in this area have the ability to get themselves in really good articles that sell their philosophy without being in a recruits face.

This is also a pretty good read by itself and considering how Uconn's O Line has been in recent history, it could give people some things to look for to gauge its improvement this year.

Really ??? :confused: I respect your point of it being a decent read for those who do not follow the sport but the title is not fair at all. He is one season in on taking over a train wreck and getting that for a result and you expect him to be quoted in what you call articles. This is a blogger, not something like a SI story. He states Ohio St was able to win a NC with some O line replacements, wow that is like the UCONN women bb team being down a player.
He is quoting Addazio who states this shortage should not happen but in his third year it has. I would rather not see BD quoted in situations like this.

These are both assistants new to being the overall boss and it takes some time to adjust. That and surrounding ones self with those that will pick up the ball when you drop it. Obviously Addazio had too much on his mind and let his specialty get by and nobody had his back. As for BD, he has Carte Blanch as far as articles with a blogger goes, it is worth the paper it is written on. We should give it a couple of more seasons before we think him getting quoted in articles is going to solve a problem.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Isn't it a good thing that we don't have any "Wacky Bob" quotes?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess is that those who are complaining that our head football coach isn't being quoted anywhere would be saying "Coach, you should keep quiet until your team starts winning" if he was quoted in articles such as the one on Grantland.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't visit other team's message boards but I have to think the BY is #1 at internal,"superfan" trolls.

This anti-Football Program b^llshit needs to stop.

99% of my posts are on the Football board but I keep tabs on all UConn teams on here. And I support them all unconditionally. The blame and utter nonsense I see on the Men's and Women's Basketball boards is ridiculous. I'm not saying we can't voice our displeasures but Coach Diaco is 1+ years in. Stop the bashing and put that effort towards supporting the man and his Football team. "OUR" Football team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't visit other team's message boards but I have to think the BY is #1 at internal,"superfan" trolls.

This anti-Football Program b^ll needs to stop.

99% of my posts are on the Football board but I keep tabs on all UConn teams on here. And I support them all unconditionally. The blame and utter nonsense I see on the Men's and Women's Basketball boards is ridiculous. I'm not saying we can't voice our displeasures but Coach Diaco is 1+ years in. Stop the bashing and put that effort towards supporting the man and his Football team. "OUR" Football team.
Lighten up Francis.

I think BD needs to be a more visible and he needs to be telling the world, not just fans but recruits and their family, what his philosophy is. Maybe not O Line since he is more do a D and LB coach, but a little more visibility and clarity would be good.

Second point is that the article about how to rebuild the OL is pretty relevant for Uconn FB and I assumed some its fans. I believe that until the OL starts to perform well, the win expectation can not increase dramatically. While the talent may be there, the execution and unit efficiency has been lacking. To that end, I liked the article and gives me some things to look for in the upcoming season.

You can now return to feeling like the better fan than me.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Wait... are there people that don't complain whenever Diaco starts talking about his philosophies? Win the day. RKG. All he does is talk about his philosophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom